Code error 14538 69272, Description : Quickbooks Log file.

tariq
tariq Member Posts: 3
Hi There I keep getting Code error 14538 69272, Description : Quickbooks Log file., Any idea what is causing this error and how I can fix it?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2017
    Hi Tariq,
    Which Reckon product & edition/version are you using?

When does this error occur? ie. are you performing a certain task or action?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• tariq
    edited December 2017
    Hi RAV
    Im using 2017 R2, It happens when I post a bill
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for getting back to me Tariq,

Since this error is only occurring when you're trying to open a particular bill, it means that this bill has become corrupted.

The only way around this is to delete the bill from the register in the chart of accounts and enter it again (by doing it like this, you do not need to open the bill). See below instructions.

1. Go to your chart of accounts.
    2. Right-click on the account that is associated with this bill > click use register
    3. Find this particular bill and take note of the details so you can enter it in again
    4. Click on the bill once in the register (it should be highlighted with a black box around the transaction)
    5. On your keyboard hold down ctrl + D together > it will prompt you if you are sure you want to delete this transaction > click yes
    6. Enter the bill again

Let me know how you get on

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• tariq
    edited December 2017
    Hi Rav

Thanks for your response. However, this error only happens when I am trying to post a new supplier bill using the bill window.
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Can anything be learned from the discussion at this forum discussion recently?

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/reckon-unrecoverable-error-14538-69662-when-i-try-to-save...

Gary