import (Some) customers/suppliers/items

John Morrison
John Morrison Member Posts: 3
edited September 2020 in Reckon One
I'm just setting up reckon one and have decided not to attempt the import as my old Quickbooks has a lot of historical errors, many inactive customers/suppliers/items and the file goes back years so is beyond the "free" conversation.

My thoughts are export an excel/CSV file from Quickbooks, edit/clean it to remove the mess, then import it into Reckon one.

Is there any way to supply this list of (customers/suppliers/items) that could be imported to reckon one?

Thanks for the help
John Morrison

Comments

• Nitesh Sharma
    Nitesh Sharma Reckon Staff Posts: 13 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2020

Hi John, 

Welcome to Reckon Community.

Unfortunately, the data from external file cannot be directly imported into Reckon One. However, you can request a data conversion from your existing software/file to Reckon One through the link below.

https://www.odyssey-resources.com/reckon/

Regards,

Nitesh
  • John Morrison
    edited September 2020
    I already explained in the original post that conversion isn't an option.

That is disappointing as it's such a simple thing to do at Reckons end of things.

Looks like I'll have to roll my own using the web interface.  Not as elegant but still not a hard task.
  • Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited January 2018
    Hi John,

We have generic templates we use internally to import csv lists into Reckon One.

Create the LIST REPORTS in Reckon Accounts / QuickBooks desktop (filtering / altering columns where applicable) and export these as CSV named appropriately eg. suppliers, customers, COA, Items. Clean up any old entries and provide the team with these to import into Reckon One (when contacted after completing the step below).

Go to: https://www.reckon.com/au/data-conversion/

Select Excel as the method you are converting from. When contacted by the team provide them with the csv's.

?Note: ?It's better to include too many columns of data than not enough. The team can always delete what is not applicable for Reckon One.
  • Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited January 2018
  • John Morrison
    edited January 2018
    Thank you Jason!
        I thought you were just directing me to the main data conversion.  Sorry!
       That sounds like exactly what I need.

Thanks, again and sorry