What are classifications in Reckon One used for?

Kununurra Taekwondo
Kununurra Taekwondo Member Posts: 3
edited August 2020 in Reckon One
I am trialling Reckon One and was wondering if someone give me me an example of what Classifications are used for.  Thanks

Comments

• Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited April 2018
    28/02/17

Hi Kununurra Taekwondo,

Classifications would be used to tag transactions so you can report by classification.

According to this thread classification reporting will come in early 2017.

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/reckon-one-enhancements-19-december-2016-imfkqh6iv3359

"The classifications feature is available as part of the Core module and is the first phased release of classifications. The next classification update is scheduled for early 2017 and will include classification reporting."
  • Russell Kilgour
    Russell Kilgour Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2018
    So, is reporting by classification available yet? .... I can't see it anywhere in the Reporting section.

• Umesh Kumar Kukreja
    Umesh Kumar Kukreja Alumni Posts: 18
    edited January 2018

Hi Russell,

Thank you for contacting Reckon Community.

We would like to inform you that as of now in Reckon One there is no such report available for classification.

Might be you will get that feature in the coming update.

Regards,

Umesh
  • Sylwia Johnson
    Sylwia Johnson Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2019
    which absolutely does not answer the question as to what the hell it is :-D what the hell people..talk in human terms. 
  • dac
    dac Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2018
    The 'coming update' has arrived, Feb 2018, but no classification reporting feature. If its not coming real soon, I will have to stop tagging my transactions and find a more cumbersome way to further identify transactions or change product.  It seems ridiculous we can use classification for almost 18 months yet no reporting available.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2018
    Hi Dac,
    Expanding classification reporting in Reckon One is certainly still on the cards. Unfortunately, its been a delayed at this point due to other priorities that have come up however we're aware that its an area that can add a lot of value and something our devs will be working on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• George Clark
    George Clark Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2018
    Customer & Suppliers have Classifications in reports on my Reckon One.
  • Russell Kilgour
    Russell Kilgour Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2018
    Thanks George ... I hadn't realised that. However, it's GL accounts that I'd really like to see it on.
  • George Clark
    George Clark Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2018
    Yes i agree.
  • Bobber_9596277
    Bobber_9596277 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2018
    View YouTube on reasons and set up of classifications for tracking income items
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kpnVmVpIls 
    and expense items   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJvCZ5PSO74
    Trust this helps........cheers
  • Sarah Jane
    Sarah Jane Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2019
    Is this available yet please?
  • Joseph Roberson
    Joseph Roberson Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2020
    Has anyone got a timeframe on when reporting by classifications will be available??  We've held off changing over the last 12 months based on the availability pending for earlier in this year.
  • David Mills
    David Mills Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020
    As a relatively new user, let's say still trialling Reckon One, the lack of reporting by classifications is a great disappointment - I'd expect many businesses just would not consider Reckon One for this reason. I will try contacting Customer service about a timeline.