invoice amount includes GST

David Flack
David Flack Member Posts: 1
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I want to create an invoice in Reckon Online hosted that includes 3 columns (amongst others)

1. the price of the item or service excluding GST [Amount]
2. the GST applicable to that product or service [GST Tax Code]
3. the price of that product or service including GST [????]

I can see how to add 1 and 2 but I can't find how to add 3

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    David, the short answer is you cant... you can only have a price column, a total amount column and a gst column... then depending on whether you tick the box at the bottom for Amts inc Tax - will determine if you see ex GST values of GST Inclusive values.   So the choice is to choose one or the other, generally a business selling retail would possibly choose inclusive values - but a business selling to another business would be more likely to choose ex GST values...

• Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    You can, edit an item and create a custom field "Net". The invoice default should be set to print with "amounts include tax",  now you can insert this column on the invoice.  NB keep in mind you need to update this field when updating prices. 
    My clients find it useful to see the cost when invoicing for this I have setup a price level named "Cost"  mark all items, adjust price of marked items to be 0% higher/lower than it's cost and adjust. Depending how often your cost change, you can adjust the price level weekly monthly etc.
    Now when creating an invoice you can click the price level and see the cost