Printing Issues

Cherie Butcher
Cherie Butcher Member Posts: 2
edited February 2020 in Accounts Hosted

The new upgrade seems to have created the same printing issue that we had last year when a major upgrade was undertaken.  I get a message that it is printing, but no PDF is produced nor does anything come out on our printer.  Hope this will be resolved faster than last time.

Comments

• Jenny_9381306
    Jenny_9381306 Member Posts: 30
    edited January 2018
    same for me...infuriating...i can't make any receipts, it doesn't ask me which printer to use so I can't save to pdf.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Hi Cherie & Jenny,

Are you able to tell me which printer destination is selected prior to commencing the print job?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kylie Austin
    Kylie Austin Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2019
    Maybe a way to work around it in the mean time -
    rather than clicking Print, you can go straight to File > Save As PDF and then download. 
  • Jenny_9381306
    edited January 2018
    it says "Reckon Printer (redirected 28) on TS007

• Jenny_9381306
    edited January 2018
    it works ok in Chrome but not IE...I use IE because I hate the way in Chrome the cursor jumps to the next field every time you ALT TAB
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2018
    Hi Jenny,
    If you're using IE can you try this out for me & let me know if you have any joy?

Open Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab > Manage add-ons
    Select Toolbars & Extensions option on the left and find Adobe reader from the list you're presented with.
    (If Adobe Reader is not showing in the list, then change the selection in the dropdown in the bottom left corner from "All add-on's" to "Run without permission")

Is Adobe Reader enabled OR disabled in the Status column of the list?
    If enabled, please disable it.

Once that is done, restart Internet Explorer and try printing from Hosted again.
    When you reach the message asking you to open or save, select Open.

Let me know how you get on

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jenny_9381306
    edited January 2018
    Hi Rav
    Thanks for your reply.  After changing from Enabled to Disabled and restarting IE, the print job did two things:
    1. directly printed a hard copy to my default printer 
    2. and - message asking to open pdf...clicked "open"...message from Adobe asking "this doc is trying to print.do you want to allow this?"...click yes...opens as a pdf doc.

At no stage does Reckon open a  "print window"...with option to select printer.
    Hope you can help.
    Regards,
    Jenny.
    ?
  • Rav
    edited January 2018
    Hi Jenny,
    Just to clarify the below,
    1. directly printed a hard copy to my default printer 
    So after performing the steps I outlined previously, print jobs are now working successfully?

• Jenny_9381306
    edited January 2018
    Hi Rav

err...no.  It didn't take me to a "print window" where I can choose which printer.  It just automatically printed a hard copy (which I didn't want at that stage) AND also then opened a pdf as well after asking a security question.  It doesn't work properly in IE.
  • Cherie Butcher
    Cherie Butcher Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2018

Hi Rav

Thanks for your suggestion.  Seems to be working OK this afternoon.  Whilst it no longer opens up a PDF document to view first, after making some changes to my settings for page size etc. I'm so far satisfied with the output.

Thanks

• Rav
    edited January 2018
    If you'd like to see a print window you can still do this but through Adobe Reader itself, so at the point where you're asked -

Select 'No', your PDF will generate separately in an Adobe Reader window (seperate to Reckon Accounts Hosted) and you can then choose to print from there where you'll be presented with Adobe Reader's print window.

The new change in print process has been implemented in order to cut out the amount of clicks (and time) it took to print by cutting out the need for the PDF to be generated in a separate window as it did previously.
    In this case, when selecting 'Yes' when you're at the step from the screenshot above, it will print directly to the default local printer.

• Jenny_9381306
    edited January 2018
    Hi Rav,
    Why can't it go directly to the "print window" as it does in Chrome? Instead of directly to a window asking "do you want to open or save the pdf" ?
  • Jenny_9381306
    edited January 2018
    Hi Rav
    When using Hosted in Chrome...how can I stop Hosted jumping forward to the next field every time I use ALT/TAB to switch between programs?

• Shisir
    Shisir Alumni Posts: 230
    edited January 2018

Hi Jenny

I'm not aware of this issue. When I'm testing it now, in chrome, I can actually toggle between the open windows (programs) successfully, using Alt + tab.

Perhaps I'm guessing there may be an issue with Alt key on your keyboard (usually Hard press or sticky key) and all it is pressing is just the Tab key, when you were doing Alt + Tab, and hence moving to a different field?

Could you please try pressing another Alt key on your keyboard (one on the right of the Space bar) and tab to see if that works for you. If it does then, it proves the issue is with the keyboard.

Also if possible, try using from another PC to see if you can replicate it.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards

Shisir

• karen r
    karen r Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2018
    hi Rav, this still does not work for me. We use enterprise online, and each login seems to have a different method for printing and saving as a PDF. Saying no to the print option does not automatically save as a PDF (Select 'No', your PDF will generate separately in an Adobe Reader window (seperate to Reckon Accounts Hosted) and you can then choose to print from there where you'll be presented with Adobe Reader's print window.) thanks
  • Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2020
    Hi Rav, 
    since the upgrade, the size & layout design settings of my custom templates (invoices, payslips etc) keep changing without my approval... every time I create/print a new document. 

It's infuriating.

It appears that the printer settings keep changing the default page size to 'Letter' size, also. Despite the fact that I've never set anything to print on letter size. It's always been A4. 
    And the layout/position of fields/text/images on the templates keep being screwed around with, making the final printed copy useless. I'm having to manually fix the template layout EVERY TIME I want to print anything &/or save anything to pdf. 

What's happened to my custom settings and how can we fix it?
    Thanks
  • CraigS
    CraigS Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2018
    We are also having a problem with printing cheques since the upgrade. We have pre-printed cheques, in A4 format (single cheques) and the alignment is 20 - 25 mm below where it should be printing. Selecting the vertical alignment option does nothing to resolve this. Likewise, changing from Chrome to IE does not change this. We have, as suggested, cleared the browser, reset the browser, verified the data, etc. etc and still nothing works. I have spoken to Reckon Technical support every day since the problem was identified and for at least 1 hour each time and still no resolution. I cannot afford this amount of time to fix a problem that was not a problem until the update. 
  • Jenny_9381306
    edited January 2018
    Hi Rav, The same issue is replicated with other computers in my office, as well as using the other Alt key, and also has been reported as an issue on your community forums in the past. Its really annoying. If I was only pressing the Tab key I would not be switched to another application - this only happens with Alt+Tab. It does not occur when using IE (however printing is painful in IE since the update)
    Regards
    Jenny.