Using Mozilla Thunderbird as email server

Paul Randles-Freeman
Paul Randles-Freeman Member Posts: 1
edited January 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi I have started to use Mozilla thunderbird as my email account/server as Outlook 2016 is causing no end of problems, however i notice that Reckon/quickbooks 2017 does not appear compatible therfore i cannot use for emailing invoices etc. Can you please give me instructions on how to change the Reckon settings so that i can use Mozilla, please in simple terms. thank you Paul

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited January 2018
    In discussions with Paul on the phone tonight.  This is Reckon Accounts PLUS 2017 R1,  on Windows 10.    Some work is needed to get Outlook 2016 operational itself, as tests to send/receive emails within Outlook itself are failing to begin with.  Chances are,  if Outlook is made operational,  then Reckon to Outlook connections should be okay.  SO a little work on the former to be done.   

Gary

Gary Pope

m: 0408994799
    e:  gaz@alchester.com.au
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-ac
    “Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
         independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant”

• Elizab26
    Elizab26 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2018
    I am using default email apps in the windows 10 and also have an outlook integration and no problem is there.
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited January 2018
    Elizabeth - Can you confirm that you are running invoices from Reckon Accounts desktop (2016 or newer)  out via Thunderbird,  whilst running Windows 10?   If so,  can you confirm it is in iMAP mode, say on port 465?   Such a clue would help Paul aim at giving Thunderbird another go.

Gary