Reckon Accounts Hosted - Request Error (30 January 2018)

1235»

Comments

• Kylie FischerKylie Fischer Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2018
    reports are not complete.......?

• Roger ThompsonRoger Thompson Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2018
    I just get the "Create..." or "OPen..." boxes 
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,894 Administrator
    edited January 2018
    Exit (File > Exit) then end any & all active sessions in the Hosted control panel under the 'Log off Remote Sessions' area, then logout and retry after 5 minutes.
    edited January 2018
    Thanks John
  • Paul HylandPaul Hyland Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2018
    Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kerrie HKerrie H Member Posts: 136
    edited January 2018
    Well my email program is innundated with unhappy comments from Reckon Hosted customers.  Word of mouth is a big advertiser and it seems not many people are willing to recommend Reckon anymore.  Reckon QuickBooks named Best Small Business Accounting package by PC User’s Top 100 products review in 2004, thats now 14 years ago.  What's happened since?
    edited January 2018
    To be fair Kerrie, tensions and frustrations will obviously be high (quite rightly so) on an open forum thread about a service outage affecting folks using said service, hence the multiple emails in your inbox of this nature.

We stand behind all our products, Hosted included but we're not perfect, issues will happen and quite frankly no technology solution is immune to that.

What we do from here is the next most important step and that is to review whats happened, learn from it and then take action collectively to ensure it either doesn't happen again or if it does, how to handle it better or more efficiently. We've got a lot of dedicated people in Reckon committed to doing just that.

Cheers
    Rav
  • Mary AughneyMary Aughney Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2020
    I haven't been able to log in at all today and getting a bit desperate.  Is there any update?
  • Sandy JonesSandy Jones Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2018
    This is the error message I am getting - Error: -6177, 0
    Reckon Accounts cannot use the path to open the company file
    How do I resolve this?

edited January 2018
    Hi Mary, The login issues from earlier today have been resolved and access should be back to normal. Can you please try checking if there are any active sessions running in your Hosted control panel and if so, log them off. Once that is done, logout and retry logging in after 3-5 minutes? Let me know how you get on
  • Sandy JonesSandy Jones Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2018
    Hi Rav, am still getting the same message when I try to log in even though the last login was about 1 1/2 hours ago.  Has there been any progress?
  • PamPam Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2018
    Working on a desktop version only helps one person IF they can get a copy of the data file off line, some of the data files are so large and the connection so slow it just doesn't work.
    RECKON, lets hope you have a team of people who will work on this never happening again.  No other accounting software program I've used is offline as often as yours.  You really need to sort things out otherwise it won't only be the accountants version you'll need to sell!!

• DarrylDarryl Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2018
    edited January 2018
    They are not in Australia, we are searching for why it is slow and found we are going through 39 hosts ans 3 servers outside Australia( Do a trace on your internet path)
    edited January 2018
    How do I process a claim for lost sales and wasted wages because of the POOR performance of this programme
    edited January 2018
    Rav your statement is a lie we were logged in and going well but your issue threw us off so how do we stay logged in when the programm shuts us out
  • John GraetzJohn Graetz Member Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Very interesting observation, Darryl.
    John L G
    edited January 2018
    As I have read all the posts on this thread it is quite obvious that Rav is just another employee of Reckon that has no concept of what these issues are doing to the businesses that use hosted. Easily identifiable by the lack of responses to the serious posts about lost income and high expenses caused by these issues, its the same as Reckon customer service, there is actually NO SUCH THING, the group you ring are people that just yawn while you are venting your frustrations, recording the conversation and just move on to the next one without a care as that is what they are paid to do..Users need to remember the power of the customer , if we ALL do what you say and find another programme. People like RAV will no longer have a job. It is obvious he doesnot care because out of about 30 posts i have read he has only answered about 4 or 5. Once again proof that they have your money and dont care. My guess is that he wont respond to this post either, believe me there are many other BETTER programs out there we are just deciding which one Real Customer service would be doing their best to ensure the customer is happy and Reckon has no idea how to do this!!!!
  • John GraetzJohn Graetz Member Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Hi Darryl.  I have been a critic of what has been happening.  In the very early stages of the change, I called this an unmitigated disaster, but changed my tune as further changes and fixes came to light.  Perhaps, as it has turned out now, I might not be too far wrong.  However, in defence of Rav, I point out that as the Community Manager, he is the poor sucker who takes the flack on behalf of Management, whoever they are - they are the ones who keep silent and don't ever seem to bother to show their faces or proffer any apologies for what is going wrong - will they come public now or just continue to let Rav be the "scapegoat".  I hope they pay Rav very well, because he holds an unenviable position.
    John L G 
This discussion has been closed.