Drop Down List Flicking - Unable to Select item in Reckon One

Kate_9381520
Kate_9381520 Member Posts: 15
edited May 2020 in Reckon One
Often while in the Reckon One file, when selecting a drop down list of anything (eg expense accounts in bank feeds) the list will keep flickering up and down which means I can't select what I want.
I've tried typing in the relevant list item, and it still will flicker up and down. I have to wait it out, and then it'll behave, until I move onto the next transaction and it does it all over again. Makes inputting the transactions really slow.
Does anyone know why this is occuring?

Comments

• Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited November 2018

Hi Kate

If you type most of the word (Item), then arrow down and tab, then the item will be selected. 

To fix this, restart Reckon One, and probably clear the browsing History.  This just seems to happen from time to time, hopefully dev get it fixed soon.

Kind Regards

Kim Chapman

www.cosbiz.com.au

• Miranda Narducci
    Miranda Narducci Member Posts: 16
    edited January 2018
    Very annoying - happens way too often. I also find completely getting out and back in again can help
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2018
    Hi guys,
    Just wanted to get some further info around this, do you mean the dropdown list itself opens & closes OR the selection/cursor on the entries within the list moves around?

From what it sounds like, its happening frequently? Which browser are you using when you notice this and does it occur on other browsers as well?
    Does it make any difference in clearing your browser cache as Kim mentioned above?

Let me know

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited January 2018
    Hi Rav

No, no difference.  And just recently restarted browser and cleared cashe.  Browser is Chrome.

Regards 
    Kim
  • Stella Carr
    Stella Carr Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2020

Hi

This seems to be related to Chrome mostly.  A client of mine was on the point of giving up R1 altogether as the screen jumped around so much.  Mind you I tried logging in to her book with Chrome on my desktop and all was well, so I don't think it is as simple as just being Chrome.  She was still using Windows 7 so that might have a bearing on it.    Eventually we installed Firefox and so far so good.

Stella

edited January 2018

Hi Kate and Miranda

What Windows Platform are you using, 7 or 10?

Kind Regards

Kim Chapman

• Ted_5835084
    Ted_5835084 Member Posts: 46
    edited July 2019
    I am encountering pretty much the same issue while evaluating this product . Thankfully I am not alone it seems.  

All I am trying to do is change the account to which an imported bank transaction was assigned. But the Flickering pulldown menus that close before you can select anything preclude me from doing anything.  Makes Reckon One unworkable & definately wont be persisting with this product if basic user input like this cannot be relied upon to work.

DETAIL

Open a bank account and it displays a list of Transactions.
    Click on the green word "Detail" which open the "Make Payment"  panel
    In the NEW tab at the bottom I click on the  Row containing the Transaction details  [ Price
    | Account | Description |  Quantity | amount ] etc.
    I click on the Account area and a pulldown may or may not partially appear briefly then disappear before I can interact with it. Very flakey.. 

Like others I am running the latest Chrome browser in Windows 10. However exactly the same issue is there in MS EDGE browser too.   It is not just in Chrome.      

I am not sure of this is related but the Chrome console reports the following error when the Drop downs malfunction. 

[Violation] Added non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking 'touchstart' event. Consider marking event handler as 'passive' to make the page more responsive.   I also have the detailed log of it if it helps.

• Paula Orchard
    Paula Orchard Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2018
    Hi Rav
    I have been trying most of today to select account when entering a bill and it won't let drop down the menu and just flickers with the red dots... I am using Edge and I tried it on another pc using Chrome and the same thing is happening
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2018
    Hi guys,
    For those who are experiencing this, I just need to gather some info which the Reckon One team have asked for to further investigate this issue.

Can you please respond below this post with the following details.

Web browser:
    Web browser version (usually found in the Help > About menu, eg. Help > About Google Chrome):
    Operating System ie. Windows 10, Windows 7 etc: 
    Which list menu does the flicker happen?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

edited January 2018

Hi Rav

Web browser: Chrome
    Web browser version:  Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Operating System ie. Windows 10, Windows 7 etc: W7 64 bit
    Which list menu does the flicker happen? Mainly Items and Accounts in General Pages, but can affect Contact also.  In bank feeds mostly Contact and Account on the Add Payment/Receipts.

Regards

Kim Chapman

• Kate_9381520
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Rav,

Web browser version (usually found in the Help > About menu, eg. Help > About Google Chrome):
    Operating System ie. Windows 10, Windows 7 etc: Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (32-bit)
    Which list menu does the flicker happen?: - Mainly when doing data entry either through bank feeds or manual payment / receipt entries. The Contact and account lists. 

I have one client book that it happens almost everytime I'm in there, however, logging in this morning it's working ok. So maybe its an afternoon traffic issue?

Regards,
    Kate 
  • Rav
    edited January 2018
    Thanks Kim!

• Rav
    edited January 2018
    Thanks heaps Kate,
    Just one thing, I think your operating system got missed in reply above. Can you let me know what that is too.

• Kate_9381520
    edited January 2018
    Yes, sorry about that.

Window's 7 Professional

Thanks
  • Ted_5835084
    edited January 2018
    I have much the same config as Kate has reported.

Web browser version:  Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Operating System ie. Windows 10 (64 Bit)

Here is an example of how the menus disappear. 
    https://youtu.be/6rWFjFUGgdY

Note the cascade of error message in the Chrome console on the RHS as the browser interacts with your back end. 

And if I do manage to get through interact with the menus and change the Account selected it still always fails at the SAVE step
    https://youtu.be/1xSM5ya3BUM

I also have access to Edge Browser and Chrome for IOS and Chrome on android.  So four browsers in all.  I am having much the same issue in all of these browser. It is not just Chrome for windows.

Have also tried removing all reckonone related Cookies from in Chrome with no improvement. 
  • Rav
    edited January 2018
    Thanks Ted

• Ted_5835084
    edited July 2019
    Any chance there is going to be fix for this in the next few days?
    A third member of my household wants to get started with ReckonOne now.  But  I cannot recommend anyone proceed with the product until this showstopper bug is fixed.   Not being able to manipulate or modify the accounts assigned to transactions really is a show stopper.

I have had my subscription for the past two weeks, but cannot use it in a meaningful manner which is most frustrating.

Get it fixed and we will likely buy two further accounts/books straight away. 
  • Ted_5835084
    edited July 2019
    Further to my last post. 
    Out of frustration I installed Firefox browser last night.   Interestingly it is not effected by the jittery flickering pull down menus like Chrome and Edge are.  So with firefox I can readily change the account to which a transaction is assigned.  

However  once I have changed it, I cannot actually save the change  because reckon.one still throws an error message.

• Rav
    edited January 2018
    Hi everyone,

Following up on this one, when you get a chance can you please test and see if you continue to experience the flickering now?

• Ted_5835084
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav
    Just tested with Chrome browser in  Window 10 and the flicker ing and dissappearing menu issue is still there.  Along with the numerous error messages in the console saying chrome cannot trust reckon certificates.  

AS an example.
    "The SSL certificate used to load resources from https://app.reckonone.com will be distrusted in M70. Once distrusted, users will be prevented from loading these resources"

So no not fixed as far as I can tell.
  • Ted_5835084
    edited July 2019
    Further to this issue. I just went to Browserstack.com  and used their web browsers to test and isolate the issue with reckonone drop down list flickering and dissapearing. This ruled out the fault being on my system.

I now have three totally seperate and unrelated reckonone books and the fault is evident in all three. So it is not my data.

On browserstack I tested on the latest Chrome versions on Win10 and Mac High Sierra as well as Win 10 and an old Chrome v38.   Fault was evident in all versions.   Also tried Win10 latest Edge version and fault was there.   This matches what I have seen on physical computers I have access to.

Tested Win10 latest Firefox at browserstack.com and the drop down lists work fine. Again this matches what I see on my own setup.

You guys definitely have an issue with Chrome and maybe Edge too. Weird you cannot see it in your own machines. If you had an office in MELB I would bring my laptop in and show you.  

Ted

• Rav
    edited February 2018
    Hey Ted,
    Just shot you an email to your Community-registered email address.

Cheers
    Rav

• Kate_9381520
    edited February 2019
    Hi Rav,
    I had been using Firefox 58.0.1 (32bit) since it was suggested above, and I haven't experienced any flickering in Firefox.

Today however I've been using Chrome to see if the issue is fixed, it was working fine for half of today, but this afternoon the drop box has started flickering again and not allowing me to select an option. Mainly in the bank feed section, when trying to select a Supplier or Account.

Kate
  • Ted_5835084
    edited February 2018
    Hi Rav, 
    You sent me that email 5 days ago I replied straight away. There was some expectation that your development team might be in touch. Disappointingly,  absolutely no contact or support has been provided by them.  The issue is still there and not getting fixed.

Can you at least tell me if your Reckon One team have acknowledged this as as an issue.  ie with Chrome browser and drop down lists not working as they should.  Will there be a fix any time soon?

I have already invested a fair bit of time setting up three separate accounts and books in Reckon One. I dont want to have to pay subscriptions for a service that does not work. I am more than happy to explain the issue in detail with our Reckon One team if they need any more details.  
    Please advise.  Ted

• Judy Seppanen
    Judy Seppanen Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2018
    I use fire fox with reckon hosted and am having the same problem with drop down boxes.  Makes a half hour job take at least an hour.  I have logged in and out a couple of times no improvement.