Improved printing and removal of the clipboard in Chrome - Reckon Accounts Hosted

2»

Comments

• Dale SleepDale Sleep Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2018

When I print invoice it doesn't come up the view option, what am I doing wrong?

• John GraetzJohn Graetz Member Posts: 1,652 ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Hi Dale.  Nothing.  This has now been removed as part of the automatic process.  Instead, if you want to view, you will need to click on the ?Preview? button in the Reckon Printer dialogue box when it opens.
    John L G
  • John GraetzJohn Graetz Member Posts: 1,652 ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Dale.  If you use Chrome, once you hit the ?Print? button in the Reckon Printer dialogue box, you will end up with a preview of the document and an ability to select the printer that you want to print to.
    John L G
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,758 Administrator
    edited January 2018
    Hi all,
    For those who are experiencing issues with the altered paper size settings, an alternative workaround while the team are working on things on our end is to use the below settings. This will only need to be done once and the setting will stay in place beyond just the current session.
    1. Customise the Template (either within Invoice or from List > Templates)
    2. Go to Additional Customisation > Print
    3. Tick 'Use specified Printer settings below for this Tax Invoice'
    4. Choose A4 from Paper Size
    5. OK
    Update all your template(s) and this setting will be retained.

• Nicolette O'DonnellNicolette O'Donnell Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2018
    Any news/workaround on this as a client of mine prints loads and loads of invoices and the time saving in one aspect is somewhat negated by the number of copies having to be set each time.
    edited January 2018
    Hi Nicolette,
    The issue of one print copy along with altered paper size is currently under investigation by the Hosted development team.

A workaround, although not ideal, is to change the number of copies required on the Chrome print screen rather than Hosted (see below screenshot). This will however 'save' so if you need to print a different number of copies for the next invoice, it will need to be changed there.

• Larissa BaileyLarissa Bailey Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2018

Hi Rav

Thanks for the work around for the issue of not retaining the A4 setting in printer setup but when will this issue be resolved? I have soooo many templates and don't have time to be setting the print option on all of them. An approximate resolution date would be handy so we can work out whether we need to make time to amend template settings.

Thank you

edited January 2018
    Hi Larissa,
    This is the main issue the Hosted team is working on getting right at the moment along with the single print copy . I don't have a timeframe as yet but I'll update the Community as soon as it becomes apparent.

Sincere apologies for the hassle its causing. 
  • ChristineChristine Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2018
    Last week I was using this new print feature and it was marvellous.  Today it's gone back to previous version of having to click through 6 or 7 times just to print.   Am I doing something wrong??
    edited February 2018
    Hi Christine,

Glad to hear you liked the new change while it was active. Unfortunately, a few issues did become apparent following the upgrade and the best, most appropriate course of action for us was to rollback Australian Hosted users to the previous environment while we review & work out these issues. 

There's more info on this here -

Rollback for Reckon Accounts Hosted (Australia)