Printing pay slips in Hosted is suddenly being duplicated

John Graetz
John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Since the rollback in Hosted last week, I am now encountering an error when physically printing pay slips.  All settings that I can find for the Reckon printer and the physical printer are set to one, yet when I get to the preview window, the number of pay slips has doubled.  I even set the number of pay slips to be printed as 3 and it still printed 2.  Has anybody else struck this problem or know of some other over-riding setting which needs to be changed?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2018
    Sounds like a strange one John, haven't seen or heard of this one before.

Is this consistent across alternative browsers? 

So it always prints 2 copies, regardless of the number input?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• John Graetz
    edited July 2020

Hi Rav.  Weird is probably a better description than strange!!.  I have now done extensive testing using both Internet Explorer and Chrome.  The problem exists in both browsers.

In doing testing, I noted that there are multiple paths/options, that one can take to print off payslips.  The one that I tend to always use is as follows:

1.  Select pay slips to print and check against the necessary individuals

2.  Click on ok which then opens up the Print Pay Slips window.  The number of copies is set to 1.

3.  Click on Print.  This invokes Printing your report, please wait.

4.  PDF Created screen appears.  Click on View.  The PDF pay slips are then created and they are duplicated.  Note that no change has been made to the options for the Reckon printer.

I then tried a range of different options along the way and finally found one that works.  This is it:

1.  Same as above

2.  Same as above

3.  This is now different.  Do not click the Print button, but instead click on the Preview button.  This then provides a preview of the PDF forms.

4.  Now click on the Print button.  Again, this invokes Printing your report, please wait.

5.  The PDF Created screen appears.  Click on View.  The PDF pay slips are then created and THIS TIME they are no longer duplicated.  Again, I note that no changes were made to the options for the Reckon printer. .

The problem that I have reported only seems to have occurred since the rollback.  I also did a verify data and a rebuild, but those steps did not fix the problem either.  The above testing was again carried out after these two processes, but did not change either of the above results.

There of course is another option available if the forms are duplicated and that is to not print all of them off, but just the first set.  However, I have no provided an alternative fix if anybody else experiences the same problem.

John L G

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2018
    Hi John,
    I just want to check in on this, is it still occurring for you? Or any other changes in pattern to the process you've noticed?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• John Graetz
    edited February 2018

Hi Rav.  Just did a check and it is still happening at the workplace where I spend most of my time.  However, I want to do a test at home tonight, because I seem to recall that printing pay slips for a different company from home on Sunday night, may have worked ok.  Will let you know tonight

John L G

• John Graetz
    edited February 2018
    HI Rav.  I logged into hosted from home to the same company file, but this time used my own personal hosted login.  It made no difference.  i did extensive testing and searching but always ended up with the same result in that two pay slips printed instead of just one.  I have further isolated the problem to be with the highly personalised pay slip that I use as the problem was not replicated when using a standard pay slip. 
    I look at the Reckon printer settings and also similar settings within the template, but could only even find the number of copies set at one.   I even changed the number copies to be printed always ended up with one more that I had selected.
    I then logged into another hosted company, again with the same highly personalised pay slip available.  The problem does not exist in this company.
    So, in summary, the problem seems to be isolated to one specific company using a personalised pay slip.  So, it appears that somehow, the company file has become corrupted in someway, as a result of the roll back.
    John L G