AIM Provisional Tax Option

David_7000521
David_7000521 Member Posts: 4
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted

I see there is one prior question on this with a very non-committal answer. IRD are touting AIM as being supported by MYOB, ZERO and Reckon but it looks like this only applies to one of the Reckon variants. AIM is a game changer and has major benefits for those using it. Hosted users need a commitment as to when this will be available and if this is not 1 April 18 it indicates that Hosted NZ is very much a second tier product. Please make a clear statement on this now.

Comments

• Toni_9025747
    Toni_9025747 Member Posts: 132
    edited December 2018
    I also put this question out to Reckon a few weeks ago and it does not seem to be part of there immediate plans, if any plans to develop AIM into Reckon Hosted NZ

It is such a shame that the NZ version is very much the poor cousin to the Australian version (of which I have worked with also).  

Hopefully we get a definite answer soon.
  • David_7000521
    edited March 2018
    Thanks Toni, that's useful. It looks as if Hosted, or at least the NZ version, is slowly becoming a legacy product.
  • Toni_9025747
    Toni_9025747 Member Posts: 132
    edited March 2018
    From the small amount of information out there it seems it would only be the Accountant Practice versions of Reckon will be developed, but even they belong to MYOB now....
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2018
    Hi all,
    There hasn't been any change for us in this area at this stage. As I mentioned in Toni's thread, AIM integration for Reckon Accounts, Hosted & Reckon One has been deferred at this point, that's not to say it won't happen in future however currently I don't have any indication on timeframes etc.
    It is such a shame that the NZ version is very much the poor cousin to the Australian version (of which I have worked with also).
    Curious about this one Toni, can you elaborate on what you think is missing from NZ Hosted in comparison to the AU variant?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• David_7000521
    edited March 2018
    It is the lack of commitment here which is the real worry for anyone hoping to use Hosted into the future. If there is no interest in positive development of Reckon Hosted then it will wither on the vine very quickly. Reckon need to make a decision so that, if necessary, migration to a properly supported system can take place.
  • Kay Smart, Accredited Consultant
    Kay Smart, Accredited Consultant Member Posts: 49
    edited March 2018
    It's only going to be in XPA for Reckon (the software accountants use) at this stage.  Xero aren't going to have it in their software that end users are using either.  It's only going to be in their Accountants package.  At this stage accountants are likely to be taking the soft approach to the launch of AIM as there are a number of considerations to be looked at before the tax is worked out.  One of the big ones is that Stock must be be accurate every month as this is required for the calculations.  The option at a TEO tax course the other week is that no a lot of people will be taking it up (especially in the first year)
  • Sharon Turner
    Sharon Turner Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2020
    Has there been an update regarding the AIM tax option for Reckon Accounts Hosted?