HUBB Investor

Doug Eager_9557698
Doug Eager_9557698 Member Posts: 2
HUBB.exe will no longer run in H&B 17. 
Err message: KYOTO BUG: Our Y2k fix is no longer a fix
Sounds ominous.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2018
    Hi Doug,
    Can't say that I've ever seen that error message before! :) 

Has this just started occurring for you? ie. has it worked successfully with your Home & Business 2017 program previously? 
    Have there been any changes to your system and/or program ie. re-installation, Windows or antivirus updates etc.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ross_Aitken
    Ross_Aitken Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited February 2018

Hi Doug,

Had that error a while ago. Reinstalled Hubb from their web site and did some other things .. still had the problem. I think running it in administrator mode made it go away.

• David Lorimer
    David Lorimer Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2018
    I have just purchased an upgrade to Accounts Personal Plus 2018 and installed HUBB Investor 11th Mar 2018 and I am getting the same message when I try to launch HUBB Investor.
  • Leon_6849533
    Leon_6849533 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2018
    I've got the same message suddenly. Worked fine a couple of weeks ago.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2018
    Hi guys,
    Need to try ascertain a common trend of pattern. Can I ask which operating system you're all running and/or if there have been any Windows or anti-virus updates that have been installed since the last time you were able to use Hubb Investor successfully?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Leon_6849533
    Leon_6849533 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2018
    Thanks Rav
    I'm running WIN10 Home 64-bit and as you know it's impossible to tell when and what Windows, or for that matter AVG, updates.
  • Rav
    edited March 2018

• Doug Eager_9557698
    Doug Eager_9557698 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2018
    Rav
    Back on the case. My Win10 update log has one Features update and 15 Quality updates this year.
    Any of these could have been relevant.  Also would have been a couple of Avast updates
    Doug Eager
  • Gordon Vermaak
    Gordon Vermaak Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2018
    Has this issue been resolved?  I am having the same issue.
  • Richard Winterscheidt
    Richard Winterscheidt Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2018
    Just installed from CD Reckon Personal 2018, on to brand new machine
    (received CD 21 September 2018) on Windows 10, 64 Bit and receive this error. has there been a solution yet? By the look of this thread it has been longer than 7 months.
  • Rav
    edited October 2018

• Doug Eager
    Doug Eager Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2018
    Thanks Rav
    I believe I did this reinstall months ago, before I called in.
    And the  bug persisted.
    But, as of about a month ago Hubb Investor works again. 
    There were a couple of other one-time errors, but no sign of Kyoto Bug. 
    The fix could have been earlier -- I hadn't tried it for a few months. 
    I guess it's thanks to the Hubb people.
    Doug Eager
  • Stephen Roberts
    Stephen Roberts Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2019
    I just installed 2020 version of Reckon Personal and Hubb Investor.  Hubb inverstor now starts after I ended up downloading the app from their site as the included version with Reckon didn't.  The Hubb now starts but suddenly closes.  Any solutions out there?