1606 error on installing 2018 upgrade on a mac using parallels and windows as a virtual server

Howard Morey
Howard Morey Member Posts: 1
I received the 1606 error on installing reckon 2018 upgrade. On research at this database the recommendation was call Reckon for assistance. Well after 30 minutes and no useful help by the consultant, I was advised by the consultant that someone would ring me back. (Who knew what they were talking about). All the consultant could do was to keep telling me to move to ON LINE, which I said NO THANKS. Well it is 24 hours later and no call back from Reckon so I decided to investigate further. The solution is to manually alter the windows registry as per the following https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/886549/you-receive-an-error-1606-error-message-when-you-try...  I have windows 10 but it was the same process as the described windows 8 solution. This fixed the issue.

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Great that you were able to find the solution as a consequence of the lack of support from Reckon.  Thanks for posting the solution for others who may also encounter the same problem.
    John L G