Paypal Reckon Account Hosted

hotelathome
hotelathome Member Posts: 15
edited October 2018 in Accounts Hosted
I have always downloaded my Paypal transactions as iif files and have imported them to Reckon Account Hosted, that way, but Paypal no longer supports iif files.

How do I import my Paypal transactions now?
Does anyone have any advice on how I can import these transactions? The thought of having to add them all manually is doing my head in.

Comments

• Shayne McNamara
    Shayne McNamara Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2018
    I haven't tried this and it would be an extra step but there are commercial .CSV to .IIF file converters which might solve your problem.  One you can trial is https://www.propersoft.net/csv2iif/  but if you hunt around there could well be others.

• hotelathome
    edited April 2018
    It's been 9 months since I posted this. If you search hard enough you can still download iif files from paypal to import transactions but not for much longer. 

I cannot be the only person using Accounts Hosted, that has a website that takes payments via paypal. 

The only way of recording these in Reckon is to create an invoice manually for each transaction, or upload them to Reckon with as an iif.

When iif files are no longer supported, how are other users keeping track of money coming from Paypal?

Paypal are suggesting API but I need an API username to give to Paypal, but Reckon customer support don't know what I'm talking about.

How do other people deal with PAYPAL transactions?
  • hotelathome
    edited October 2018
    Still having the same issue. Is API ready yet? Other accounting packages now have the option of entering the payPal API and it adds all the transactions automatically.