SAFF file format is broken

Options
Greg Tenni_8946652
Greg Tenni_8946652 Member Posts: 17
edited February 2020 in Payroll Premier
I am trying to export my monthly super contributions to a clearing
house, but the SAFF file produced by Payroll Premier 2017/18 has a bug in it.
I am exporting to AAS Super Clearing House, the clearing house used by the majority of the Industry Super funds.
The main issue is the first line of the records it writes.
The default .csv file has 133 columns of data. Payroll Premier, however, writes the first line with only 5 columns, then 133 columns from the second line till EoF.
This means that when the AAS Clearing House reads the file, it picks up 5 fields in the first line and then throws an error.
If I edit the file in Notepad and add the other 128 commas into the first line, then the file uploads successfully.
I have asked Payroll Premier to fix this, but so far they have refused, saying that their version is the standard default format.
How can a .CSV file with varying numbers of columns ever be considered the correct format? This is ludicrous.

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi Greg,

I've done some investigating and found that the SAFF format is an ATO standard format - meaning that the ATO, not Reckon have set out the format.  If Reckon was to change it, it would no longer meet the ATO guidlines on the SAFF format.  The following links I found on google are ATO links with the specifications for the SAFF format.  I've checked and Reckon SAFF files meet these guidlines/format.

https://softwaredevelopers.ato.gov.au/sites/default/files/resource-attachments/SuperStream_alternati...

https://softwaredevelopers.ato.gov.au/sites/default/files/resource-attachments/SuperStream_alternati...

It sounds like the clearing house is not able to read the correct SAFF format.  This is something they would need change to be in accordance with the ATO SAFF format.  You can provide them with the above links for their reference.

Regards,
    Shane
  • LINH
    LINH Member Posts: 11
    Options

hi

I am trying to export my monthly super contributions from REckonOne

I used to export and work perfectly untill NOv and DEc , when I tried to ''add superstream batch", It didnot allow me to do with message " An unexpected error occurred"

Could you please help

Regards,

LInh