Duplicate existing Reckon hosted company file to use as test environment

Gemma
Gemma Member Posts: 60
edited March 2019 in Accounts Hosted
I am using Reckon Accounts Hosted.

I want to duplicate an existing Company file to create a test environment file.  I want to retain the existing setup, customers, data etc in the test environment that exists in the original file.

How do I do this?

I have tried saving a backup copy of the file but the system won't let me restore it as a QBW file with another name. 

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Shayne McNamara
    Shayne McNamara Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2018
    I haven't done this for years so not sure if it still works or even if it works on online but you should be able to just copy the .QBW file into another location and rename it.  You may need to download it first (downloads are copies anyway I think), then rename it and upload it to a new folder you create.  
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2019
    Hi Gemma,
    We've just tested it out and were able to make a copy and restore it under a new name using the following process.

When you're in your file click File > Open or Restore Company > Restore a bankup copy (.QBB) > Local Backup > select your backup file > You will then be asked the location where you'd like the backup file to be restored to. At this point you can then change the file name to something completely different.
    Once you've gone through this process, you can check if you're in the newly created file by going to File > hover your mouse on Open Previous Company.. you'll see the new file at the top of the list.

As always, before trying any of the above, ensure you have multiple backups of your live file.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Gemma
    Gemma Member Posts: 60
    edited April 2018
    Thank you very much. That solution has worked.