Reckon Accounts Premier 2018 print problem

Tony_9630818
Tony_9630818 Member Posts: 5
edited September 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Have just updated our database to Reckon Accounts Premier Accountant Edition 2018 Release R1P. All working okay except for a printing issue.
When printing any item this message comes up "Warning. The file you specified cannot be opened. Make sure that it is not currently being used by another program or a read only file. The windows error was "The file exists". I then press the OK button three or four times (depending on what I am printing - eg invoice or report etc) until the print settings window opens, I press print, then the same Warning message appears. I press OK multiple (can vary) times and the print out works.
Only started since the install of the 2018 version. Have tried printing to PDF, same problem. Have tried changing printer in Printer settings - same problem. This problem only exists when printing from Reckon Accounts.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2018
    Hi Tony,
    I've found an older KB article relating to that error message and it contains a possible solution that may solve this for you -

Warning: The file you specified cannot be opened. The Windows error is: The file exists.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Tony_9630818
    edited April 2018
    Hi Rav, have found this solution yesterday and tried, unfortunately no success at all.
  • Tony_9630818
    edited April 2018
    I have solved the problem by un-installing the program and re-installing.
    Thanks for the help
  • Chris Clough
    Chris Clough Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2018
    I have also had this issue since I upgraded to Premier 2018 around 3 weeks and it is ongoing.  I have uninstalled and re-installed when it first arose and this has not fixed the issue.  I have run as administrator with no success. This is the first time I have seen the issue raised in the community, so was thinking I had a setup issue or a printing conflict on my computer, and have just been putting up with it until I could spend some time on solving it.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2018
    Hi Chris,
    Are you receiving the same error message as the one Tony listed in his opening post?

Which version of Windows are you running? When you uninstalled, was it a 'clean uninstall' ie. where all underlying components of the Reckon program are removed as well as the program itself?
    Performing a clean un-install and re-install of Reckon Accounts Business

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Chris Clough
    edited April 2018
    Hi Rav, yes Tony's description mirrors my own experience exactly.  I am running Windows 10 pro build 1709 on a 64 bit machine.

When I uninstalled, I did not delete all of the folders mentioned in your attached link.  I will do that a little later tonight.
  • Chris Clough
    edited April 2018
    Well Rav, I have done a clean install and that seems to have resolved the issue.  Thanks for you help.
  • Rav
    edited April 2018
    Good to hear Chris, thanks for letting us know.

Cheers
    Rav

• Tony_9630818
    edited April 2018
    Hi again, unfortunately the problem has re-surfaced. This time deleting & re-installing has not created a remedy. So we would welcome any assistance. 

Tony
  • Jamie_9635127
    Jamie_9635127 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2018
    Solved the issue on terminal server by setting the permissions on the folder "C:/ProgramData/Intuit/Reckon Accounts 2018" to Read Write for all users. 
  • Tony_9630818
    edited May 2019
    Thanks Jamie, not running a server, however removed the read only at "C:\ProgramData\Intuit" and this seemed to have fixed my problem. Tony
  • Jamie_9635127
    Jamie_9635127 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2018
    Should be the same process for people running on a desktop, glad it's working though! I was almost pulling my hair out over it. :)

• Vera Harper_7970277
    Vera Harper_7970277 Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2018
    I have the same problem but it is stopping me emailing invoices .. I did find by clicking the ok button about 5 times when the error came up that it managed to print but still not email.I had a huge job with many problems installing my upgrade and do not want to do it again.. running the latest "Spring" edition of windows 10, I have the same downloaded edition of premier 18 from the same disk ( customer service sent to me) On my laptop every thing is working perfectly. No error. someone must be able to fix this..

Vera
  • Steve Cook
    Steve Cook Member Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Same issue here. Win10 Pro, build 1803.
    Was using RA2016 Premier.
    Just changed to RA2018 Premier (Clean Install) and issue started.

Change Security as per this article:
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=1845

And Jamie's post above

QBPRINT.QBP give Users "Full Control"
    Fixed it for me.

• kathy ridley_8898798
    kathy ridley_8898798 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2018
    i upgraded yesterday and now cannot print out any reports, im not sure if invoices emailed are even going through now! my message comes up that the printer has been redirected, Help!!!!!! how do i fix this stupid problem?
  • Kelly_8164450
    Kelly_8164450 Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2018
    Thank you so much for this, I have been pulling my hair out with this stupid error message! All fixed now!
  • Graeme Hughes_10051151
    Graeme Hughes_10051151 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2019
    Had the same problem with the 2019 version. Your advice worked. Thanks.

• michael.coates
    michael.coates Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2019
    Perfect, fixed everything....   lesson learnt... DONT UPGRADE !