I am now travelling and need to use my Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2018 on my laptop as well as my

ChristineChristine Member Posts: 4
edited August 2019 in Accounts Personal Range

Comments

• ZappyZappy Accredited Partner Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    You dont its a single installation licence. It says so in the terms of purchase.
  • ChristineChristine Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2018
    Thank you for responding
    so I'm guessing I have to buy TWO copies of the programme as I can't find one licensed for 2 devices ......I hate their site 
    Another reason to loathe them

edited April 2018
    Christine using Personal Plus on multiple devices is not recommended there are always issues with version control and transferring files backwards and forwards. I think its a dangerous practice. The solution would be to use it on the laptop which is portable.
    edited April 2018
    Again thank you for your help. That sounds sensible. Please excuse my ignorance as I am a total technophobe ...can I back up to a portable hard drive as I have been using this file since 1996....and yes I AM old! 
    edited April 2018
    Agree or not Diver, im just reading the terms and conditiins of the software licence. My comments re version control still stand.
    edited April 2018
    Thank you both for your input gentleman I appreciate your time, I think will take my chances on the 'safe' option of one device.

edited April 2018
    Much better idea Christine. Copying files back and forth is very dangerous. It is also needlessly confusing.
  • John CampbellJohn Campbell Member Posts: 261
    edited May 2018
    Not backing up is also very dangerous, so testing the backup on the laptop should be encouraged.
    edited May 2018
    You know you can store your file on google drive. Ive been doing this for years.
    edited May 2018

Any worries about personal files on the cloud ?

There are lots of Cambridge Analytica out there !

edited May 2018
    John mate, Cambridge analytica isnt out there any more. Do you use internet banking?
    edited May 2018
    do you really think there was only one
    edited May 2018
    Do you really think there was more than one?