Is anyone using satelite connection to run Reckon Hosted

Jacqui Beale
Jacqui Beale Member Posts: 5
edited May 2020 in Accounts Hosted

Comments

• Penny_6621114
    Penny_6621114 Accredited Partner Posts: 31 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited May 2020
    Yes, I use satelite and it is very slow.  Best option if you are only a single user is to install your complimentary desk top installation and run with desktop.  You can then upload and restore your backups to hosted as an option for using hosted if you are travelling.  However, if you have multiple users you will find it too slow, so you would be better off with a Reckon Accounts Premier or Enterprise Desktop installation. 
  • Jay Jay Li
    Jay Jay Li Alumni Posts: 36
    edited May 2018
    As penny mentioned with you are using satellite, on a single user connection it will run but due to slow speed it will not be great, and it can be really slow. 
    Running a desktop version of the software would be a much better and dependable option.
  • Jacqui Beale
    Jacqui Beale Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2018
    Thank you for the feedback - especially helpful Penny RE: single and multiusers.
  • Penny_6621114
    Penny_6621114 Accredited Partner Posts: 31 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited May 2018
    You are welcome Jacqui.  I am so passionate about the product I hate it when a user has a bad experience.  It is usually not the product, but the underlying circumstances.  Unfortunately the product gets the blame.  :)