Multiple users on Reckon Hosted

Joanne Sedgman
Joanne Sedgman Member Posts: 24
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have never used Reckon Hosted with multiple users. Can anyone shed some light on what it would be like with 5-10 users. Currently company uses desktop version and I need to provide feedback on transferring from Desktop to Hosted. Minimum of 5 users at 1 time. Thankyou

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Joanne.  Give me a ring on 0428 695454 and I will discuss with you.
    John L G
  • Ian Taylor_9659045
    Ian Taylor_9659045 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2018
    I dont know what the performance would be like with 10 users but we have just discovered what appears to be a security issue.  We have set up multiple users, with different levels of access. For example our general committee user is supposed to have access for report generation but is not able to enter transactions or otherwise modify the company database.  We have just found that when a user with full privilege has a company file open another user joins the same session when logging in through the Reckon On-line "outer" portal.  We thought that it should be necessary to enter user and password to open the company file and start an independent session with priviiege appropriate to the user.

This would appear to be a security issue as it could give individuals in an organisation unintended and unauthorised access to a company file.

Interested in Reckon's response to this
    Ian Taylor, Erstwhile treasurer, APEA Ski Club
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2018
    Hi Ian,
    Can I confirm, do you have 10 licences for these 10 users and are they using their individual logins to access the Hosted service?

I suspect that these two users are sharing a Hosted login. This is not best practice.

Please note, don't confuse login to Reckon Accounts Hosted with the login to the company file, these are independent.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Joanne Sedgman
    Joanne Sedgman Member Posts: 24
    edited May 2018
    We currently use Reckon Premier with 5 users and and at times it is slow if everyone is using the system. I want to know if I transfer to Reckon Hosted, will this issue be better or worse. 
  • Kerrie H
    Kerrie H Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hi Joanne,
    I currently only use Hosted in multi user if I really have to.  We occasionally have two users logged in and I find that extra steps are required when creating invoices that are very frustrating.  If you need to email the invoice, you will get a pop up message asking if you wish to save the invoice, once this happens you need to start the process of emailing from the start again.  If the other user is also creating invoices the invoice number you created may need to change (more pop ups).  It might not sound like much but when you are trying to enter data as quickly as possible it does slow you down.