Reckon Accounts was not able to complete you request OL-221-A. How do I fix this?

Trevor Cuerden
Trevor Cuerden Member Posts: 11
With Personal Plus, I'm trying to download a Web Connect File. However this keeps coming up: Reckon Accounts was not able to complete you request OL-221-A. How do I fix this?

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited May 2018
    Hello Trevor, and welcome to the Reckon Community.

Changes at ANZ have created some issues with the download into the Reckon Accounts Personal range, and there are more changes to come.  Later this year this issue will be settled.

In the meantime you will need to adjust the export file from ANZ Share Trading - the QFX file.  If you are not sure where you saved your export file you can search your computer for *.QFX from File Explorer.  Then do the following:
    1. Open the QFX file in Notepad and do Find and Replace (replace all)
    2. Find SIL and REPLACE with ETRADE
    3. Find Share investing limited and REPLACE with EtradeAustralia.com.au
    4. Save the file
    Now you can go ahead and import your export file into Reckon Accounts Personal Plus.

regards,
    John
  • Trevor Cuerden
    edited May 2018
    Thanks, John. 

I have done this, and now get a message:

Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your quicken data file ( OL-362-A )

Please advise.

Many thanks,
    Trevor
  • John G
    edited May 2018
    Do you have a brokerage account called ANZ Share Investing?
    or do you have one called E*trade?

regards,
    John
  • Trevor Cuerden
    edited May 2018
    Hi John 

The trading account is with st.george directshares. I think it's called E*trade but I stand to be corrected.

Cheers,
    Trevor
  • John G
    edited May 2018
    Thanks Trevor,

The import of share transactions was created for transactions from the broker E*trade to Quicken (now reckon Accounts Personal) only.  E*trade was taken over by ANZ Share Investing.  The import must go to a brokerage account named E*trade / ANZ Share Investing selected from the list:

So create this brokerage account and test the import of your web connect file to it.  

regards,
    John
  • Trevor Cuerden
    edited May 2018
    Thanks John

It's already set up like this, so still no joy....
  • Shisir
    Shisir Alumni Posts: 230
    edited August 2018

Hi Trevor,

Just following up on this. Can you please advise on below:

1. Do you have any QFX/shares transactions imported or  manually entered previously on this current data file?
    2. When importing the QFX file, did you get an option like this to select an account to import into?
    3. image
    4. If you get it, can you please select the option to create a new Quicken account and import into that, and see if that helps?

Regards

Shisir
  • Trevor Cuerden
    edited May 2018
    Hi Shisir I’m away at the moment. I’ll try that early next week and get back to you. Many thanks, Trevor
  • Trevor Cuerden
    edited May 2018
    Hi Shisir

I've done the following:
    - Imported the QFX file fron directshares (last 100 days option)
    - deleted the existing share trading investment account
    done what John said, ie
    1. Open the QFX file in Notepad and do Find and Replace (replace all)
    2. Find SIL and REPLACE with ETRADE
    3. Find Share investing limited and REPLACE with EtradeAustralia.com.au
    4. Save the file
    - imported this altered QXF file, getting this screen

- chose create a new quicken account
    - continue

Bingo.Data imported. However only the data for the last 100 days is imported, so any manual entries before that are gone.

Whats the next step?

Many thanks,

Trevor

• Shisir
    edited August 2018

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for theupdate, and that is a great news.

Since you had 100days worth of transaction in the file, you were able to get only those dataimported.

So the otheraccounts, that you have deleted, did it have lots of transactions in it?  Or just few that you can reenter them in yourthis new account?

If it had losts ofhistory, then i believe you will have to restore the backup file to get themback, or see if you can download them as another QFX file and import it.

Regards

Shisir
  • Trevor Cuerden
    edited May 2018
    Thanks. Sadly there’s a few years of history and it won’t accept another qxf file, so basically back to square one. What’s next?
  • Shisir
    edited August 2018

Hi Trevor,

Sorry to hear that.

So, I was wondering when was the first time you tried to import that Web connect (QFX) file without correcting the information as suggested by John, earlier in this thread? Was it around that time, or long before that?

As I suspect, that import may have corrupted the link for the import and you were unable to import the QFX file, even after correcting it.

Just in case, if it was around that time,(Hope it is) that you tried to import that uncorrected file, do you have a backup from Prior to import? If you have, can you please try restore that backup file and import the corrected QFX file in it and see if works?

Regards

Shisir
  • Trevor Cuerden
    edited May 2018
    Hi Shisir

I have a backup from a few days before that, and importing the corrected QXF file does work, as you suspected. However... this is very helpful, but it means I have to re enter the last 6 weeks of the other investment accounts (non share related) which will be very time consuming.

Is there a way of correcting the corrupted link, maybe by re installing Reckon Accounts?

Thanks,

Trevor
  • Shisir
    edited August 2018

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for the update and that is great news that you were able to import it one of the old file.

So as i suspected the connection was corrupt, and unfortunately we do not have any other way to fix it as i have been informed (by the dev team) that the connection is all encrypted on the back end.

Therefore, I believe best option for you is to re-enter those new transactions on this file, where you were able to import QFX transactions, should you choose to import them. If not, you can continue to use the other file, and enter the transactions (in QFX) manually, like you have been doing so far.

Regards

Shisir
  • Trevor Cuerden
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for your input. I’ll go with the first option. At what stage will we not have to alter a QFX file, and download it without a worry?