Import Bills to Online Hosted Reckon 2018 for NZ Company

paul_9661917
paul_9661917 Member Posts: 6
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
I am trying to find the correct format for importing a Bill into Reckon Hosted 2018 for an NZ company. I followed the help file for setting up the columns for an imported invoice, but that ended up importing as an adjustment note. I found another message on the forum that says that the help is actually for a US set up. Does anyone know definitively what the column layout and data needs to be to import a Bill in the iif format ?

Comments

• paul_9661917
    edited May 2018
    Many thanks for that Kevin. Appreciate your help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2019
    Hi
    I am trying to do the same thing.  I need to import a bill into Reckon Hosted Edition 2017 for an AU company.
    Could you please explain me how I can do it?
    Thank you
    Masha
  • paul_9661917
    edited May 2018
    Note also that the iif format is very unforgiving. If there is a problem with the data, Reckon will not give you any hint of what the problem is. It doesn't even tell you the line or column that it has a problem with. A couple of things that tripped me up were : The date format must be MM/DD/YYYY and using a Supplier name that already existed in the Company as a Customer name.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2018
    Thank you!! I will be very grateful if you can help!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2018
    Hi Kevin and Paul Could you please explain me how to import Bills? Paul, I understand that the iif is not ideal, but did you manage to do it? Is it possible at alll? Could you please share with me your knowledge and experiences :) I will be very grateful for any help :))) Masha
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I am curious to know what we talking here . Is this actual bill invoice with single lines or multiple lines invoices to be imporTed Pls correct me if I am wrong

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2018
    Thank you Chandra,
    This is a bill with single line and I have a lot of such bills that I need to import.
    I hope I underst??d your question correctly. 

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yes ok in say 3 weeks time we will be launching fully automated bills syNC with multiple line items technology
    This Is a great technology built on AI and OCR
    We will integrate 1st wirh RAH
    But you in NZ I understand we don't have Api for it
    But there can be another option
    You may call me on skype: chandra710
    Unless some one else has other solution in this forum

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• paul_9661917
    edited May 2018
    Hi Masha,
    Yes, it's easy to do if you have the correct format, although it is a manual operation. Once you have an iif file (or multiple files) you need to upload it to your locally hosted drive. See the Reckon help video here on how to do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1K93TrteAA
    Once uploaded, you can then import it by going to File-->Utilities-->Import-->IIf Files... That will open a window to the drive where you just uploaded your file(s). In there will be an Upload folder which is where you will find the file(s) you uploaded. You then just click on the file and it will be imported.  Note that there are a few third party applications about that can automate this sort of thing as well.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2018
    Hi Paul,
    Thank you very much for your detailed answer. It's really useful!
    You are right about the correct format - it's easy to do if you know which headers to use and what values to assign to them.

Now my problem that I don't know what headers I need to use to set the "Amounts includes tax" flag in the Bill information window.
    I have already posted this question in here: https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/iif-transaction-imports-amounts-include-tax-flag

If you have any ideas, I will be very grateful
    Masha
  • paul_9661917
    edited May 2018
    I couldn't work that out myself. However, if the amount you send in the header line is inclusive of tax and the details you send in the detail lines have the exclusive amount and the tax amount in the correct columns (and everything balances), then checking and unchecking that flag just changes the display of the bill on screen, it doesn't do any re-calculations.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2018
    Thank you very much Paul :))
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2018
    Thank very much Kevin! It is good to know, so I will stop trying to find a way to do this :))
    I really appreciate your help in this matter!
    Masha