Single Touch Payroll

2»

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2018
    Hi all,
    If you're using Reckon Accounts Business (desktop) or Hosted I'd recommend checking out our new article on how to prepare your file for upcoming release of Single Touch Payroll -

Preparing Reckon Accounts Business and Hosted for Single Touch Payroll (STP)

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sybil Kellner_9665807
    Sybil Kellner_9665807 Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2018

We are customers and haven't received anything to date from Reckon re STP.  We would appreciate if you could send any updates to rooms@skellner.com.au

Thank you

• Sybil Kellner_9665807
    edited May 2018

We are using Reckon Accounts Plus 2017 - what do we need to do to prepare for STP?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2018
    Hi Sybil,
    The 2018 range of Reckon Accounts Business (desktop) and Hosted will be STP compliant. Please upgrade to your 2018 edition in the first instance in preparation for the introduction of Single Touch Payroll.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sybil Kellner_9665807
    edited May 2018

Thanks Rav, was only when I checked that I realised we had not updated to 2018 eek :) getting that done today.  Whats next?

• Rav
    edited May 2018
    Good stuff Sybil,
    Functionality for STP compliance is coming with the tax update next month. We'll be getting in touch with everyone on that via email and right here on Community as well. Stay tuned.

• Rav
    edited May 2018
    Hi again folks,

I've just posted the details of our Single Touch Payroll webinar that we'll be conducting to provide an overview of STP.

I'd definitely recommend attending if you can and you'll find the details here -

SINGLE TOUCH PAYROLL WEBINAR (28 May 2018)

• Sybil Kellner_9665807
    edited May 2018

I noticed when we did the 2018 update there is also on the website a MyGov download which seems to be available.  Is it recommended that we also do this now?

• Sybil Kellner_9665807
    edited May 2018

Hi Rav

AGHHH!!! Just went to register for Webinar and realised I have a Doctor appointment at 3pm on Monday and it is one I cant miss as it is prep for surgery.  Will there be another webinar I could attend?  Really want to get on top of this and hoping you might be able to time another webinar for those like me that cant attend this one.  Many thanks for your ongoing support.  Cheers  Pamela

• Rav
    edited May 2018
    No worries, what I'll do is post a recorded copy of the webinar in the other thread so you can watch it when you have some time.
    This is just the first in the series of webinars we'll be holding for STP in the next few weeks :) 

• Sybil Kellner_9665807
    edited May 2018

• Rav
    edited May 2018
    Similar to the above, for anyone using Reckon One we've just published a separate article on preparing your Reckon One book for Single Touch Payroll (STP).
    Check it out below -

Preparing Reckon One for Single Touch Payroll (STP)

• Rav
    edited May 2018
    Hi folks,
    For anyone that missed yesterday's webinar covering an overview of STP, you can view it here -

Single Touch Payroll WEBINAR (28 May 2018)

• Rav
    edited June 2018
    Hi all,
    We've got a new Single Touch Payroll webinar coming up next early next week;

This webinar will cover:
    • What’s changed in the Reckon software to comply with Single Touch Payroll 
    • GovConnect STP Overview – the gateway to  manage your clients payroll information
    • A step by step demonstration of how to sign up for GovConnect STP, submit payroll data to the ATO and enable multi-factor authentication as required by the ATO
    I'd highly recommend attending if you can and you'll find the details here -

Single Touch Payroll: Pre-release WEBINAR - 25 June (Don't miss this!)

• Sybil Kellner_9665807
    edited August 2019

Hi Rav

Once again I wont be available for the webinar on Monday but hoping that you can again send me the link so I can access when I return to work on Tuesday.

Many thanks

Pamela

• Rav
    edited June 2018
    Not a problem Pamela, will have the recorded copy up on that other thread once its completed. 

• Rosie
    Rosie Member Posts: 118 ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I do not work Mondays either but would also love to watch it on Tuesday. Thanks
  • Sybil Kellner_9665807
    edited June 2018

Many thanks.  Another question, when will we receive the update for the 18/19 tax tables?

• Rav
    edited June 2018
    Not a problem Rosie, will let you know as soon as I can upload the recorded copy :) 

• Rav
    edited June 2018
    Hi all,

The recorded copy of yesterday's STP deep dive webinar is now available. Its a long one but with a lot of questions answered by our STP experts so I'd recommend giving it a watch.

Single Touch Payroll: Pre-Release WEBINAR - 25 June 2018

• Maree Creedon
    Maree Creedon Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2018

Hi, are the step by step instructions for each package ie Payroll Premier available yet? If so how do I access them?

• Rav
    edited June 2018
    Hi Ma Creedon,

Yes the Single Touch Payroll Guides for each product are available at our new Help Centre

For Payroll Premier check out the guide here - 
    Payroll Premier 2018/19 Single Touch Payroll Guide

• Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi everyone,

We've got a new bunch of webinars coming up that focus on Single Touch Payroll and each of our individual products.

I'd highly recommend attending these webinars as they'll show you the whole process from sign-up to upload, and everything in between for the product that you use specifically.

The first one is this afternoon and there's still time to register a spot, don't miss out!

Check out the details here -
    Single Touch Payroll for Reckon Accounts Desktop WEBINAR (29 June)

Single Touch Payroll for Reckon One WEBINAR (4 July 2018)

Single Touch Payroll for Reckon Accounts Hosted WEBINAR (5 July 2018)

Single Touch Payroll for Payroll Premier WEBINAR (5 July 2018)

• Maree Creedon
    edited June 2018
    Hi,  I will be unable to watch this at the time.  Will it be available to view at a later time?
  • Rav
    edited June 2018
    Sure thing, I'll upload a recorded copy of each webinar in its respective thread above after they're completed.

• NarellePaterson
    NarellePaterson Member Posts: 111 ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I don't need to do STP till next year and I don't really want to start right now would like to start when I have more time to deal with it but my question is can I get the tax updates without the STP?

• Rav
    edited June 2018
    Hi Narelle,
    The Reckon Accounts Business & Hosted update carries both the new tax tables and Single Touch Payroll (STP) functionality. 
    If you if you have 19 or less employees, STP will be mandatory from 1 July 2019 (subject to legislation passing), however you can start reporting with STP any time before this date.

STP functionality can be disabled in Payroll & Employee settings (only to be used for those with 19 or less employees)

There's more info in our FAQ's here -
    Single Touch Payroll (STP) Webinar FAQ's

Also, check out our recorded webinar for Single Touch Payroll and Reckon Accounts Business.

(Webinar for Single Touch Payroll & Reckon Accounts Hosted next week)

• Maree Creedon
    edited July 2018
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi Maree,
    I've just posted the recorded copy a couple of minutes ago on that thread :) 

Single Touch Payroll for Payroll Premier WEBINAR (5 July 2018)