The share price for Bluescope steel BSL has been incorrect for 1 week. When will it be fixed.

MarkR
MarkR Member Posts: 32 ✭✭

Comments

• geoffreywieland
    geoffreywieland Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2018
    Yes I had the same problem. The share price did not go up so I sold the shares
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2018
    Hi Mark,
    We've just tested this out and received the following result -

Have there been any changes to your setup recently? Is your configuration the same as ours below?

Are you able to advise the result you are receiving?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• MarkR
    edited May 2020
    results from this morningimageimage
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for getting back to me Mark,

Can I get you to test something for us, 
    If you edit the 'Type' from Basic Materials to 'Stock', does that have any impact on changing the prices you are being delivered?

You will be able to delete those incorrect entries in the price history by line and they will reload once you perform an update.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• MarkR
    edited May 2020
    Thanks for the quick response. I am unable to use “Stock” because I have used all available spots. I have many other shares with the same “Type” and they are updating correctly. If I wipe these BSL prices and update, they still upload incorrectly.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2018
    thanks MArk,

The type Stock is the default type in the programme.  If you no longer have it, change the Type for BSL to one that works with your other stocks.

regards.
    John

• John G
    edited June 2018
    Thanks Mark,

The type Stock is the default type in the programme.  If you no longer have it, change the Type for BSL to one that works with your other stocks.

regards.
    John

• MarkR
    edited May 2020
    Thanks Rav & John,
    Tried all these and nothing worked. All my other shares with the same "Type" are ok so I can't see why BSL has this problem. Updated this morning (Monday) and the prices are now correct. Whatever the reason it's fixed for now.
    Regards, Mark

• John Campbell
    John Campbell Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited June 2018

There is something strange going on with Mark's downloaded prices, as for 31-May-18, High, Low, Close are out of order, while the volume is ok. It appears that the download information is being partially corrupted somewhere. Shouldn't RPP at least check that low <= close <= high ?

Could there be a phantom share price adjustment record ?

• John G
    edited June 2018
    Hello John,

The common cause for share prices being multiples of what they should be is the Stock Type.  The update in the 2017 version to include the Australian Share Market Indices involved setting the type Market Index to apply the Index display algorithm to the raw data received, rather than leaving it at the default share price display algorithm.  So before a Market Index security type produced a correct result; now it does not.  

Here is my RAP price history for Bluescope:

And here is Yahoo7 Finance listing of the data:

Hope this explains the situation.

regards,
    John