error 1723 on Windows 10

Stephen Gainer
Stephen Gainer Member Posts: 3
I need to re-install/repair Reckon accounts personal on a W10 OS. I keep receiving error 1723 message stating that a DLL can't be found. i have a log available from my attempts to install. Can somebody help here please.

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2018
    To help, it would be good to know what exact product/version/year of "Reckon Accounts Personal" you are running.   And in the LOGS you have,  does it mention the full name/size/date - at least the name, of the missing DLL file it is concerned with.    Email the log file to gaz@alchester.com.au  if unsure what file or message is of value here.

Gary

• Stephen Gainer
    edited June 2018
    Trying to install 2018 version. I will email the log.
    Stephen
  • Stephen Gainer
    edited June 2018
    Gary,

I found a fix! Thanks for your help over the phone. After using Revo to trace all leftovers i still got nowhere. Tried opening the setup file as administrator and still no success except that it gave me a dialogue stating that a previous version was found??
    As you advised I tried re-installing 2017. So I decided to go to my OneDrive files and found the 2017 install folders that I had backed up. When I tried to install 2017 I only had three options, Repair, modify or uninstall, so I chose to uninstall to see what would happen. This went no problems. Went back to the 2018 install file and hey presto! we're back in business.
    Thanks again for the suggestions
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2018
    terrific outcome!    Possibly a registry entry was left behind, given no trace of folders/files and no mention of 2018 in Control Panel.  Good feedback for others, Stephen.   Glad you're running again.  Ain't it great to have backups!

Gary

Gary Pope
    m: 0408994799
    e:  gaz@alchester.com.au
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-ac
    “Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
         independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant”

• Charlie Jonshon
    Charlie Jonshon Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2019

I am recently getting windows error 80070103 on my laptop. Anyone else is facing such kind of error in their system? Kindly let me know.

• Joshep Alberto
    Joshep Alberto Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2019
    I am recently getting this problem. For that, I saw a facebook page. In that, they say to use a bootable media and troubleshoot the problem.