PAYG calculating on payslip is incorrect

Leanne_7663246
Leanne_7663246 Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi

I just posted on here as an employee queried their payg was to high.  I couldn't work out why as in their profile it definitely has  the correct tax checked however if you go into their previous pays the tax code is showing as No TFT.  How is this possible? I could understand if it was one and maybe someone accidently changed it but all of the pays have it.  Is there some hidden setting

Comments

• Kathy_8028595
    Kathy_8028595 Member Posts: 21
    edited November 2018
    Hi,
    I think you should download the ATO weekly tax table 2017/18, not sure about how you used the ATO tax calculator because that amount is not right.  ATO Tax table will show - With Tax Free Threshold amount and No Tax free threshold amount.  The Tax Code you have showing for employee is No Tax Free Threshold which is a higher Tax to be withheld, which is used for when an employee has a second job.  I hope this helps.  Check with the employee as to whether they chose NO TFT or TFT on their TFN declaration form. Check their file again when you find this out and  also have a look at the Payroll item list to see if the items are set up correctly.
    Thanks,
    Kathy
  • Leanne_7663246
    edited June 2018
    Hi Kathy, thanks for your reply. Not sure if you replied before or after I edited my question.  My main problem is that in the employee set up it we have ticked 2-TFT however if you go into all of the previous pays it has 1-No TFT. This isn't a box that you can change so I was wondering how if the set up has TFT how does it change to No TFT when you create the pay.  Is there a hidden box I am missing.
  • Kathy_8028595
    Kathy_8028595 Member Posts: 21
    edited November 2018
    Hi Leanne,
    That is weird, it shouldn't change,  maybe check the Payroll items that you are using for that employee, edit the payroll items you are using to see if they are linked correctly via the Payroll Items List.  I would be contacting Reckon direct, if you cannot rectify it, they should be able to help.
    Thanks,
    Kathy
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Hi Leanne.  The tax is definitely calculating correctly for a fortnightly pay with a tax code of 1-No TFT.  Does anybody else have access to your ledger and could they have now just changed it to 2-TFT?  Knowing what you know, my suggestion is to run a dummy pay for your next pay, select just this employee, open the pay record and see if it is still showing as 1-No TFT.  That is the easiest way to do a test.  If it is still showing as 1-No TFT, you have a corrupted employee record.  My suggestion then would be to change the employee record to actually show 1-No TFT and save.  Then run your dummy pay and see what happens.  Then go back to the employee record and change it again to 2-TFT and save it.  Then do your dummy pay run again for just this employee and see what happens this time.  If it again shows as 1-No TFT you have isolated your problem and will then need to seek help from Reckon Support.  It may be that you might have to create a new Employee Record for this employee, but Reckon should have some idea as to what to do next.

John L G

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2018
    Agree with you John  - it sounds like those other pays were created when the employee record was on 1-NoTFT... and the record has only just now been changed to 2-TFT... have seen lots of payroll corruption - but never this...  the employee will get their tax back when they lodge their return next month... so not the end of the world...  :)
  • Leanne_7663246
    edited June 2018
    Thanks everyone for your help. We are just about to run another payrun so will see if it is ok. I have someone else with access to the pays. she says she hasn't changed anything intentionally.  Fingers crossed it is all ok now. I have had corrupted employee files on another file I use so anything is possible. Reckon support haven't been able to fix that employee it drives me crazy as if I forget and click on the employee it shuts reckon down.
  • Sabin Shah
    Sabin Shah Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2018
    If payslip is showing 1 no tft without any second job, Then how to correct 1 no Tft to 2 TFT in payslip. Help needer
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Go to the employee record and change it there, Sabin.  It must have been set up incorrectly,.
    John L G