Batch printing invoices not working in multiuser mode

Jake Gardner
Jake Gardner Member Posts: 8
edited June 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
When in Multi-User mode, none of my staff can use the the function File > Print Forms > Invoices.

When not in Multi-User Mode it works fine, when I put it in multi user mode it just spins saying not responding - Then after about 10 minutes it comes up with a message saying:
"Not enough memory to complete this operation. Exiting program."

So far i have gone through the following steps:
  • Ensuring that the Reckon database server is running and has the files showing in it
  • Firewall rules are created
  • QBCFMonitor Service is running
  • QuickbooksDB Service is running
  • Have tried deleting the *.ND files
Some other possibly relevent informaiton:
  • Database size is 623MB
  • There is approx 65 invoices to print
  • The other print forms options work fine
  • It is running on Windows 10 Pro with SSD Storage and i7 Processor with 16GB RAM
  • 2 concurrent users

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2018
    Hi Jake,
    Could you give us a bit more info on the network environment ie. are you using a Terminal Server setup or is Reckon Accounts locally installed on every PC and you are accessing the company file via the server?

Where is the data file located?

For troubleshooting purposes, if Reckon Accounts is locally installed, can you move the file to a different folder or location on the server and access it and attempt to print, does it work?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Robert Smeallie_9600650
    Robert Smeallie_9600650 Member Posts: 83
    edited June 2018
    Hi Jake,

When in Multi User Mode do the employees each have the correct permissions to print the reports from their user account? Check their individual accounts and make sure they have permissions granted which they need to perform their duties.

Robert Smeallie
  • Jake Gardner
    edited June 2018
    Happens to all uses including the administrator.
    I have checked the permissions & that isn't the issue
  • Jake Gardner
    edited June 2018
    Hi Rav,

The data file is located on a Windows 10 Pro computer. This issue happens whether it is done from the computer that the data file is hosted on or from a computer that is on the network.

No Terminal Server.

Network speed is gigabit.

I tested the data file in another location and the same thing happens.
  • Jake Gardner
    edited June 2018
    I've also tested with a the sample datafile & it works fine.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for getting back to me Jake,

I've had a chat with our support guys and I have some further steps

1.) Move database file to the sample file location and try again, does the problem continue?

2.) Have you installed Database Server Manager on both computers?
    If so, remove it from the secondary computer, to do that you will need to uninstall Reckon Accounts program and then reinstall on the secondary PC without it.

Following that, on your host computer delete the .ND file, re-scan the database file with the Database Server Manager and open it from the host PC. Switch to Multi-user mode, open the file on the secondary PC and try batch printing.

Let me know how that goes.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.