Upgrade to Reckon 2018

Leteesha Spicer
Leteesha Spicer Member Posts: 3
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I attempted to upgrade to Reckon Account 2018, installation all went fine until I had to activate it with Key.  I had no option to press "Next" or "Finish".  The buttons were actually missing. I spent an hour and half on phone with Reckon and still could not fix. I could enter the activate code etc but the finish or next button just wasn't there. He mentioned about getting Windows reset or something?  I have upgraded every year without a problem.  I am running Windows 7 Professional.  Something is not working properly??

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2020
    Hi Leteesha,
    Sounds like a strange issue! Can't say I've come across this before :( 

Did the team go through performing a reinstall of the software on your call? What was the outcome ie. are the team still investigating this for you?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Leteesha - did the tech support team get you to turn off any virus software running?  Did they also ask you to look at any Windows Updates you have on that machine?  I had strange installation issues with a clients machine recently and the problem turned out to be (after many hours/days of messing around) a Windows Update from March that stopped Reckon from installing correctly - it may be worth a try to uninstall some updates and see if you can activate then?
  • Leteesha Spicer
    edited June 2018

I installed and uninstalled many times. Yes they did.  I just reinstalled again at lunch time and again I can't activate it because I have no "next" button :( Anti-virus software is off.

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2018
    Did the Tech team direct you to this KB article or walk you through the steps described here?  http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=1929
  • Leteesha Spicer
    edited June 2018
    No they didn't, I will definitely try this this afternoon. Thanks