Emailing invoices with custom address

John Fieldtech
John Fieldtech Member Posts: 15
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Just wondering whether the email address that invoices are sent from in Reckon Hosted can be changed.
We are having a similar problem to others here, where customers are not receiving emails coming from the accountshosted@reckon.com address.
Sometimes it is seen as spam and we need to get the domain whitelisted, but other times they just don't receive it at all for no reason we can tell.

Is there a way to change the sender address to our email address?
This can be done in CRM software such as Zoho, and would seem to be a good solution. Although still not email tracking.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2020
    Hi John,

Changing the outbound email address from accountshosted@reckon.com is not an option at this stage.

There is some great work being done in the invoice & email space by our API partner, Cosmic Innovations which I'd recommend checking out here.

There's a bit more info on the current setup including some steps to ensure successful delivery of emails in the following KB -

Customers receiving emails from accountshosted@reckon.com and not from my email address. 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

I tend to agree that Chandra at Cosmic Innovations seems to have a great product which can overcome these difficulties.

John L G

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thanks John
    YES , we have this issues resolved , we have already posted video in the forum recently.
    ALL YOUR INVOICES IS ASSURED ITS RECEIVED  TO THE CUSTOMERS

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Toni_9025747
    Toni_9025747 Member Posts: 132
    edited September 2019
    It is all good and well suggesting we could use CosmicInnovations (aside from it not being available in NZ) but, why should we when we pay good money for RAH which is supposed to be a fully intergrated system
    This email issue should not be an issue as it doesn't seem to be the case with other cloud/server based programs such as Xero & MYOB.  The email log doesn't give accruate information as it only ever says sending - we do not get notification if the email does not reach its destination.  
    Yes agreed Kevin - this NEEDS to be fixed !
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2018
    Toni,
    What do you mean by a "fully integrated system" exactly?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• John Fieldtech
    edited July 2020
    Hi Rav,

Thanks for that.
    We seem to be doing most of the suggestions in the knowledge base, but really don't want to pay $0.50 per transaction for the add on software.
    I think the only solution for now is for us to email the invoices from Outlook, but it is much more time consuming that way.
  • John Fieldtech
    edited February 2018
    Thanks Kevin, which software is that sorry? Cosmic Invoice?
  • John Graetz
    edited February 2018

And therein lies the problem John.  Either cost yourself time and money to send via Outlook or use the services of somebody else on a cost by use basis to get something that gives you what you are looking for, plus extras.  As you can see from the earlier comment from Rav, plus previous, similar comments in the past, the perspective from Reckon is, it just aint going to happen, even if we increase the font size in our requests.

John L G

• Toni_9025747
    Toni_9025747 Member Posts: 132
    edited February 2018
    We use this as a system as a system can do everything from Stock Management, Invoicing, billing & payroll etc,- not keen on add on where we have to pay more to send invoices.  Maybe I used the wrong terminology.

• cosmic
    edited September 2018
    Hello all 
    Just to clarify what .50 cents gives you per each transactions.

SO YOU ONLY PAY WHEN YOU USE

Cosmic app for RAH  is quite advance cloud app :
    There is lots of info available in Reckon Add On market and in this forum 

Briefly:

** ABILITY TO USE A MOBILE DEVICE DO ALL INVOICING

** STRIPE PAYMENT FULLY Automated

Cosmic does the automatic payment of your invoices in RAH and mark as paid.

Job image camera capture any job site with job description and instantly send to clients

Attach Job sites images with quotes to invoice and sent instantly 

Modern looking CLoud invoice templates and email as well

All your invoices In mobile app get marked as "PAID" in  as PDF

Ability to EDIT any time sent invoices till its paid all updated in RAH

Now we have web based NO NEED FOR MOBILE DEVICE

Just do all invoices using desktop or laptop

Acknowledgement of all invoices and also we know who the sender is

ALSO IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO USE COSMIC INVOICE  yo u can send all your UNPAID INVOICES
    Created in RAH to Cosmic app and get it paid via Stripe
    get cloud looking invoice template and of course email with acknowledgment.

MANY MORE FOR .50 CENTS PER TRANSCATION ALL ABOVE

We don't have in NZ as we don't have NZ API

I am always available to discuss

Cosmic Accounting Group

• John Fieldtech
    edited January 2020
    Hi Chandra, 
    That sounds good but can you please confirm the price?
    You say 0.50 cents above, but in this link it says $0.50...quite a difference.
  • Rav
    edited February 2018
    You don't need to pay more to send invoices Toni. Hosted does that already. 

If you wish to have additional functionality to what the product currently provides then there are options for that too which is where our development partners are doing great work to complement Hosted such as Chandra with Cosmic Invoices.

I know that this is an area where there has been a lot of feedback historically and believe me when I say we hear it loud and clear, however for various reasons, and I appreciate this may be disappointing for some, there aren't any short or medium term changes in the roadmap in this area. 

• cosmic
    edited September 2018
    Its .50cents per each transaction of each invoice. This is good deal
    Try others in market you will be paying above $30.00 per month per each users.
    I mean for ADD ONS , and the fact  is Add ons are necessity in all Accounting software 
    look around   .

Cosmic Accounting Group

• John Fieldtech
    edited January 2020
    Ok thanks half a cent is a lot different to 50 cents.
    You may want to update the information here then as it says:
    Trial available?Yes. After free trial, $0.50 per transaction (pay as you use only).
    https://www.reckon.com/marketplace/add-on/cosmic-invoice/?_ga=2.204293136.1248115609.1519087480-1700... 
    Please confirm.
  • cosmic
    edited July 2020
    John  , we will fix that  confusion.

I am guaranteeing you, I own the app .

its always .50cents per each invoice transaction 
    if you need any further clarification just call , it wont cost you ahahahha.

Cosmic Accounting Group

• John Fieldtech
    edited January 2020
    Thanks Chandra
  • John Graetz
    edited February 2018

To overcome any confusion, the price is 50 cents per transaction, not half a cent.  In addition, my understanding is that Chandra is willing to negotiate a monthly cap for this charge for people who have volume, which sounds quite attractive - this could significantly reduce the average cost per transaction.  You are able to discuss this with Chandra and I also understand that you can trial his solution.

John L G.

• John Graetz
    edited February 2018

Hi Kevin.  Chandra is providing a whole range of facilities with his solution.  Depending on how many invoices you issue each month, with a cap in place, the cost per transaction could come down considerably.

John L G

• cosmic
    edited February 2018
    Hi  Kevin
    The  50cents is NOT for TRACKING INVOICE .

Have you read my earlier post I have listed what 50cents  gives you.
    if you still have not seen it , I can repost it.

AND SOON I AM THINKING TO BRING FROM 50 CENTS TO 30CENT PER EACH TRANS WITH $25.00 CAP so no one should PAY any more than this amount .

COSMIC INV APP IS FULL CLOUD APP FOR RAH WHICH IS BOTH  FOR MOBILE AND WEB BASED THAT MEANS YOU USE YOUR DESK TOP PC 

Cosmic Accounting Group

• Brian Connell
    Brian Connell Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    so , has the problem been fixed , can i e mail invoices to my customers with MY e mail address showing ?? 

• Brian Connell
    Brian Connell Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    OK , thanks . 
    p.s. do you know if Xero can ?