KB - Preparing Reckon Accounts Business & Hosted for Single Touch Payroll (STP)

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited July 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
STP is mandatory from July 1 2018 for businesses with more than 20 employees.
Check out our KB article to get a head start on preparing your data file for the upcoming release of Single Touch Payroll (STP)

Preparing Reckon Accounts Business and Hosted for Single Touch Payroll (STP)

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Vija Platacis
    Vija Platacis Accredited Partner Posts: 14 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited May 2018

Thanks Rav,

Just the info needed. When we install the RA 2018 upgrades we can check all this.

Regards,

Vija

• Leshelle
    Leshelle Member Posts: 103
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav

Thanks for the article on preparation of file.

What  allowance TYPE would I use for  "cents per km" allowances that I currently have set up as an allowance? Im guessing CAR, if Transport means Public Transport, and Travel means accomodation?
    Are these new types defined by the ATO?

Leshelle
  • Vija Platacis
    Vija Platacis Accredited Partner Posts: 14 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited May 2018

Hi Leshelle,

How to categorise the Allowances is spelt out in the STP Business Instruction Guide / Allowances section:

https://softwaredevelopers.ato.gov.au/STPBIG

Regards,

Vija

• Anthony_9582158
    Anthony_9582158 Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2018
    Hi Rav

When is 2018 R2 being released for accounts hosted? I have a payroll to run on 2 July..

Thanks
    Anthony
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2018
    Hi Anthony,
    We're shooting for the 26th for Accounts Hosted so not long to go now.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2018
    Hi Rav
    To allow STP to be lodged, do I need to get an AUSKEY for Reckon as well as ticking the appropriate box in the Company profile.   I usually lodge my BAS through the ATO portal. 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2018
    Hi RavTo allow STP to be lodged, do I need to get an AUSKEY for Reckon as well as ticking the appropriate box in the Company profile.   I usually lodge my BAS through the ATO portal.

• Rav
    edited June 2018
    Hi Shelley,
    Apologies for missing your post,

Yes you will need an AUSKEY (you probably have one already if you're using Hosted) for STP lodgements and you will need to register your Software ID that will appear on the new Reckon STP Portal to your AUSKEY.

We'll have more info on the process in the coming few days which I'll have up on the Community.

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2018
    Hi Rav, I dont already have one as I lodge my bas outside of Hosted.  I run numerous companies within my folder, but only 2 pay wages. Im assuming I will need to get an Auskey for both the companies?
  • Anthony_9582158
    edited June 2018
    Hi Rav

Can you point me in the direction of the RAH update for 2018 as it was due out on 26th and I can't find it.

Thanks
    Anthony
  • Rav
    edited June 2018
    Hi Anthony,
    Unfortunately due to the tax cut legislation that was passed a few days ago at such a late stage leading up to EOFY it has impacted the release of our tax table update and subsequently Reckon Accounts Hosted 2018. 

We're looking at release tomorrow for Hosted 2018 barring any unforeseen issues or changes.

• Anthony_9582158
    edited June 2018
    Thanks Rav. 

I understand that I can't properly prepare for STP (i.e. allowance configuration) before that the update has been released. Is that correct?

Thanks
    Anthony
  • Rav
    edited June 2018
    Yes the step listed in the KB article above around allowances will need to be performed after the new edition is available tomorrow. I'd recommend ensuring the other steps are completed though and also check out my other post on getting ready for the upgrade -

Reckon Accounts Hosted - Preparing to upgrade

This discussion has been closed.