Payment Summaries not showing Salary Sacrifice

Heather_9709349
Heather_9709349 Member Posts: 15
edited July 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Wondering if anyone has the same problem or if anyone can help me. I have reconciled wage, payg to the Payment Summary from my COA. The three employees that Salary Sacrifice are out in the Reportable Empoyee contributions - which is their paid SS contributions. These amounts just don't agree and I cannot see where it is. Anyone got a heads up of where to look and why the payment summary is different to every single report I have run. I have also checked Payroll Item List to check what is linked - cannot work it out. Thanks

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2020
    This happens for some users every year.... solution:
    You can run the Super by Employee Report or Super by Fund Report and add the column to display for RESC Amount - but these reports take forever to run...  so I did a fix yesterday - where I went to the Payroll Item list - selected the Salary Sacrifice payroll item I knew was the offender - right clicked and choose Fast Report - then I modified this report to show - This Payroll Year - then I added the RESC Amount column and also removed the tick for Amount and added the ticks for Debit and Credit - then ran this report - the RESC Amount should total the same as the Credit column... if it doesnt (and in your example it wont)... find where it doesnt match... then double click into this Paycheque and the Details... Unlock it (taking note of the Net Pay amount so you are sure it doesnt change)... then what I do is go to line for the Salary Sacrifice... add a 1 to the front of whatever the amount is...Click Ok - this takes you back to the Paycheque - now click into the detail again...Remove the 1 from the front of the line for Salary Sacrifice... Click OK... then click Save and Close - this will take you back to the Fast Report and the amount should now appear in the RESC column correctly - repeat until everything balances and then check your payment summaries again.  Hope this helps...PS!!! Make sure the Net Pay does not change!!!
  • Natalie_7017696
    Natalie_7017696 Member Posts: 29
    edited July 2018
    Linda.  Thank you so much for this reply.  I had the same problem today and this has fixed the issue for me.
  • Heather_9709349
    edited June 2018
    Thanks so much - I have been doing this but still out - will keep trying with all pays - lucky it is only two people.
  • Heather_9709349
    edited June 2018
    Linda - not sure if you have the answer - but in the report the Super an the RESC column agree now - but it is still different to what shows on the payment summary - for example:
    $5200 in SS Balance and $5200 in the RESC balance - however Payment Summary shows $5500 - I am at a loss

• Linda ABC
    edited June 2018
    ok - so there must be another super payroll item used for that person - where it has picked up the RESC of $300 in error... modify the fast report in my first example - and select their normal SGC super item... or any other super items used for that person throughout the year - one of them will have the offending RESC amounts in them and the same unlock, change, save, unlock revert, save process should fix it..
  • Heather_9709349
    edited June 2018
    thanks will try that :)
  • Heather_9709349
    edited June 2018
    Gosh Linda - there just isn't it is so bizarre - there are no other payroll items or amounts besides the ss which has the same amount in SS and RESC - all the other payroll items are 0 in RESC  Another quick note - a list of the ss has also been kept in a spreadsheet and it agrees to my quickbooks records and not the Payment Summary.
  • Linda ABC
    edited June 2018
    ok - it will be there somewhere - you might need to run the Super by Fund report with the RESC column - which takes ages - but is usually the surefire way to find it... if you want me to teamviewer in to your desktop and see if I can find it for you - email me and we can work out a time to do this.  linda@abcomputing.com.au
  • Karen_8780296
    Karen_8780296 Member Posts: 22
    edited June 2018

Hi Linda

This happened with me as well and you information worked perfectly for when the RESC was too low on the payment summaries.  I also have a payment summary showing the RESC above what it should be and the report you suggest has no errors.  Do you know what I can do in this situation?

Thanks

Karen

• Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    this will mean another payroll item has inadvertently picked up some RESC when it shouldnt have - so try a Fast report on the other super items used for that person - where you might see some RESC sitting where it shouldnt be?  
  • Heather_9709349
    edited June 2018
    Thanks Linda - I have at last reconciiled :)  Thanks so much for your input and help.
  • Karen_8780296
    Karen_8780296 Member Posts: 22
    edited June 2018

Thanks Linda

I ran a super by employee report with the RESC amount field added and was able to identify the errors.  I then went in and proceeded as above.  This fixed the RESC errors.  I now just have one gross payment error.

• Greta Collins
    Greta Collins Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2018
    Thank you Linda for this reply! Excellent solution to this! 
  • Brown Steel
    Brown Steel Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2020

I had the same problem balancing my 2018/2019 PAYG summaries. The above steps solved my problem.  However I am wondering why Reckon have not rectified this issue that keeps coming up every year.
  • Linda ABC
    edited July 2019
    Its very hard to fix something that can't be replicated consistently... some files have the issue, some dont.   When you are working with code and architecture thats over 20 years old, one needs to be very careful that fixing something doesn't break two other things!
    113396 Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    This is brilliant - I just did this and it worked a treat! Thank you!
  • Jean_9855189
    Jean_9855189 Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2020
    Thank you Linda, I have used the  Reckon Accounts Plus for many many years and this is the first time this has happened. I followed the instructions in your first paragraph for 8 items from October to June, no sense or rhyme to why only some were affected.  But did what you described and it all now balances. I haven't changed salary sacrifice at all, there is only one payroll item for it, and that it omitted it one month and not the next, ie 2 weekly pays in October, 2 weekly pays in December, then changed to monthly in January and it was fine, so was Feb., one dropped out in Mar. and the same person's in April, then both of us in May, and neither in June.
    I don't know what to make of it.