I have created a job under a customer, how can I move the transactions from the customer over to the

LKB
LKB Member Posts: 7
edited December 2018 in Accounts Hosted

Comments

• Toni_9025747
    Toni_9025747 Member Posts: 132
    edited December 2018
    Hi Linda
    Go into the transaction and select the customer at the top left hand corner - the dropdown will show the job under the customer name  - select the job you want to allocate to...save & close - if you use price levels make sure they are the same for the customer & the job or they may change automatically  (it pays to check each time that the transaction is the same $ value)- hope this helps :-)
  • LKB
    edited June 2018
    Awesome, thanks so much
  • LKB
    edited June 2018
    Actually no, that doesn't work. There are too many transactions in each customer. Also would stuff up the bank recs
  • Toni_9025747
    Toni_9025747 Member Posts: 132
    edited June 2018
    It shouldn't affect your bank reconciliation - although you will need to go into the payment made and it will show the amounts of moved transactions unpaid - I have done this few times and have never known it to stuff up the bank rec as the payment is still recorded - it will show in the bottom left that there has been an overpayment (go to the Customer not the job to pay).  and yes if you have alot of transactions It will be alot of work - hopefully someone  else on the Community may have an easier way - as it would be good to know if there is a better way....:-)
  • LKB
    edited June 2018
    Ok cool, I'll have another go..Thanks