*RESOLVED* Reckon Accounts Hosted launch issue (30 June 2018)

12346»

Comments

• ZappyZappy Accredited Partner Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Jon WRONG.
  • gazza73gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 1,438 ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    RAH back on the air again from Melbounre  17:50PM.

Gary
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,792 Administrator
    edited January 4
    ** UPDATE **

RECKON ACCOUNTS HOSTED SERVICES ARE NOW ONLINE

Hi everyone,

Firstly, I'd just like to thank you all again for being so patient with us as we work through this issue.

In an effort to to restore access for users who are unable to login to Reckon Accounts Hosted, we are deploying a new server environment which will not only rectify the access issue but also bring in streamlined workflow processes in various areas such as printing, copy/paste and added stability.

This is now live and Reckon Accounts Hosted services are back online.

The introduction of this new environment has been in our plans for release this year, and we've brought it forward in an effort to expedite a resolution to access issues affecting some Hosted users at the moment.

IMPROVED PRINTING
    We have reduced the number of clicks required for you to print your documents including purchase orders, reports, payslips, invoices and more. This means you can now print faster.

One thing to be aware of, when you print from the new environment you may have to enable pop-ups from Hosted in your browser to complete your print.
    Click here for instructions -
    When I try to print in Hosted nothing happens, the print window doesn't appear

REMOVAL OF THE CLIPBOARD IN CHROME ON PC
    You can now copy and paste directly in Chrome (on PC) without using the clipboard. 
    You can also use Ctrl+C (for copy) and Ctrl+V (for paste) on your keyboard to copy and paste info.

We sincerely apologise to everyone who was affected by this issue at such a critical time of year. We certainly hear all the feedback & frustration and we will be reviewing this event including what went wrong and what we will be doing to ensure this does not occur again in future.
  • Richard MarshallRichard Marshall Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    I think its time that the Reckon help centre moved its centre to Aus because I have NEVER been sooo put off with the non expertise of the current setup. NO one can help with a problem with out referring to a second tech for answers. Reckon - get your act together or I'm off with this Account Package.
    edited July 2018
    Suzy Xero stinks like yesterdays diapers. Its expensive and its slow. The support is pathetic. Did I mention it is SLLLLLOOOOOW
    edited July 2018
    Well you better be prepared for some grief
  • BruceBruce Member Posts: 240 ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    i'm in, but it is a different looking screen.  Looks like the version we had earlier in the year with the simpler copy and print options.   Hope they can keep these features this time
    edited July 2018
    Hi Bruce, 
    That's correct, we're operating on our new server environment so it may look slightly different. There's more info in my update post below -
    https://bit.ly/2Nfp3gf
  • edited July 2018
    Its the same crap. Reckon has not added any new (Modern) features and basically hasn't changed anything in a very long time. it is a waste of time having a wish list if nobody reads it. This is just a little more than I can take. EOFY and then this rot. A call to fair trading in the morning is well justified I feel
  • Charley van RotterdamCharley van Rotterdam Member Posts: 548
    edited July 2018

It's all good Rav

• Maureen RyanMaureen Ryan Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Reckon Team back on air with reckon after 26 hours- 4pm Saturday till 6.15pm Sunday....staff member tried and she contacted me as we have wages to do.
    In for a long night duty!!!!  Reckon needs to come up with a better system to notify when you are back on air and up and working especially after 26 hours.!!!! 
  • BrittanyBrittany Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2018
    I'm with you there Pete. I'd be seriously rethinking working for an organisation where you think 6 staff members will abuse you for something completely outside of your control...and on a weekend!

• Simon MallenderSimon Mallender Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2018
    How  much more grief could it be? 
  • Simon MallenderSimon Mallender Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2018
    Are you for real? If Facebook was down for 24 hours there would be global outrage. Most on-line IT systems  guarantee 4 nines that 99.99% uptime. This failure doesn't even give 99.9%. And how absolutely STUPID to update a system as the most critical time of the year.  I'll be asking for my licence fee back. FFS.
  • Shirley IngleShirley Ingle Accredited Partner Posts: 191
    edited July 2018
    Well done Reckon Tech, Dev Team and Rav. It has been frustrating for end users but I would imagine has been more trying for the Reckon Team trying to fix the problem. At least Reckon has kept at their desks trying for a good outcome and have succeeded. When everything is working well no comments for the team, when the system fails the Reckon team cop all kinds of verbal abuse. With the comments from various ones that posted remarks and threatened to jump to another software, all I can say is Reckon is still the best. In any situation, you have to make allowances that everything does not perform 100% all the time. To the Reckon Team, have a couple of cold ones, you deserve it.
  • Maureen RyanMaureen Ryan Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2018
    Reckon- still a printing issues even with the pop up messages, can you explain this again on the home page when we log in.  Really hard to find your messages Rav with everyone else's comments.
  • Frank FsadniFrank Fsadni Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2018
    I can get in, but cannot print anything? how long will this take to be fixed please?
    edited July 2018
    Hi Maureen,
    What is happening when you try printing? Which browser are you using and does the same thing happen on all browsers? Error messages?

All of my update posts are listed and linked in order on the first post.
    edited July 2018
    Simon,
    We weren't updating any systems or performing any maintenance. This was an unplanned issue.
  • Hayley WilliamsHayley Williams Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2018
    yes Im unable to print too
  • Hayley WilliamsHayley Williams Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2018
    All Good Now , working in Safari
  • MehrnooshMehrnoosh Member Posts: 35
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav,

The reckon Hosted API is not working.
    The message is "Request has not been completed yet. Please check back in couple of minutes" for creating only one customer in Reckon. This's been happening from Yesterday I believe.
    Can you please have check it please.

Thanks

• Jon BeetsJon Beets Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2018
    It seems that accessing the license key requires contacting Reckon beforehand.  See https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/my-client-is-a-reckon-hosted-user-and-he-would-like-to-sa....

• Jon BeetsJon Beets Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2018
    It seems that accessing the license key requires contacting Reckon beforehand.  See https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/my-client-is-a-reckon-hosted-user-and-he-would-like-to-sa....

• Lin JohnsonLin Johnson Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2018
    No Drop down for choice of printer.
    Unable to print after enable pop up as per instruction.
    Re start the Reckon Online. Restart Computer and still not working. Can't print any statement