Tax Table Information not showing

John Graetz
John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
This relates to Hosted 2018 R2 version.  When attempting to obtain the details for tax table information, it is not showing up.  Depending on what piece of information I am seeking, sometimes I am getting a preliminary message saying that Reckon need to connect to the internet.  After clicking on continue, a purple ribbon appears briefly on the bottom right hand corner of the browser and then disappears.  There is no evidence anywhere that I can find that shows up anywhere, no background window that I can find and pop-ups are enabled and no error messages appear anywhere.  The problem is across Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.  Has anybody else discovered that this is happening?
John L G

Comments

• Candii
    Candii Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2020
    Hi John

Go to the employees menu at the top of your opened reckon file ~ then go down to tax table information ~ it should look like the following 
    Hope this helps you out.

Kind Regards

Candii
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Thanks for your suggestion Candii.  Unfortunately, I was not specific enough.  The problem is much deeper e.g. 
    1.  Click on Tax Table Info tab showing on that screen.
    2.  On the next screen click on Tax Tables
    3.  On the next screen click on any of the click here four options:
    a) Individual income tax rates
    b) Individual income tax rates for prior years
    c) Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) 
    or
    d) Student Financial Supplement Scheme (SFSS)
    It then appears that there is an attempt to re-direct somewhere else, but apart from a momentary purple ribbon, nothing else happens.  It appears that these set of four links are broken somewhere.
    John L G
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for the alert John,

Looks like there is something wrong with the links to the internet there.  We've reported it to the developers for investigation and action.

In the meantime, copy the root of the URL to your browser to get the ATO page for the rates.  eg. for Individual income tax rates for prior years:  
    https://www.ato.gov.au/Rates/Individual-income-tax-for-prior-years/

regards,
    John.
  • John G
    edited July 2020
    Thanks for the alert John,

Looks like there is something wrong with the links to the internet there.  We've reported it to the developers for investigation and action.

In the meantime, copy the root of the URL to your browser to get the ATO page for the rates.  eg. for Individual income tax rates for prior years:  
    https://www.ato.gov.au/Rates/Individual-income-tax-for-prior-years/

regards,
    John.
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2018
    Excellent.  Thanks for your assistance and interim solution John.
    John L G
  • John G
    edited July 2020
    Hello John,

Please do the following:
    1. Go to Help > Suggest new features;
    2. You will get a Security Alert - tick the box not to show this message again and click OK
    3. You will get another pop up box at the bottom of the screen saying that Protected Mode is turned off.  Click on the Turn on Protected Mode button.
    Now try again.  
    Was it successful?

regards,
    John
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2018
    Brilliant!!  Worked like a charm John.  Thanks for getting this resolved so quickly - much appreciated.
    John L G
  • Angela Hepburn_9715425
    Angela Hepburn_9715425 Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2018
    thats what mine says but tax tables hasnt changed at all

• John Graetz
    edited July 2018
    Angela. Changes only affect those earning above around $90,000. Go to the ATO website and you will find details for past years. John L G