How can I upgrade on Hosted without Backing up?

Mick Griffiths
Mick Griffiths Member Posts: 5
edited July 2018 in Accounts Hosted
My company file is huge and full backup keeps stalling. I need to bypass the backup option when upgrading to reckon hosted 2018. Im sure its a easy hacked, because I had to do it last year also....

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hi Mick,
    From what I understand you cannot upgrade without backing up.

There's some info on this related thread from earlier today on how to solve issues with backups stalling.

There's also info here on how to reduce your file size - 
    How to improve the performance of your Reckon Accounts Hosted company file

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Curious though, do you recall what you did last year to get past it?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Gillian_8166819
    Gillian_8166819 Member Posts: 89
    edited July 2018
    Hi Mick, before backing up, in the backup process, go to the options and turn the verify off - this might help.
    Also you could try doing a portable backup in v2017, (often a portable backup is much shorter than normal backup)  then open v2018, dont open the file and go to restore a backup. This wont ask you to backup again. If your file says it is read only when you restore, right click your file go to properties and untick read only.

Gillian
  • Mick Griffiths
    edited July 2018
    I can't remember exactly, but I think I had to hold down a key while pressing save. This bypassed the backup.
  • Mick Griffiths
    edited July 2018
    I can't see to save the backup locally on my computer because I can see mey computer in the save options?