how do I change my accounts data file in pos administration? Keeps telling me I have to post them b

Cass Munro
Cass Munro Member Posts: 7
edited June 2020 in Point of Sale
how do I change my accounts data file in pos administation? Keeps telling me I have to post them before changing to new file. but I dont want them in last years figures.

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Cass - you would need to move the end of day files to another location before opening Administrator and trying to change the Accounts datafile... - once you have made the change - move the end of day files back so they can be posted to the new Accounts datafile... the End of Day files will be in the same location as the POS database lives - and they will end with .iif
  • Cass Munro
    edited July 2018
    Thankyou for your reply Linda. But it wont let me transfer them anywhere. Has error 16. And it wont let me change the destination file in pos administrator. So annoying cos i feel so dumb. Its probly not that hard for people who do this regularly.
  • Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    Changing the database isnt something thats done regularly so dont worry about feeling dumb, its normally something that you would expect to enlist the help of a Reckon Accredited Partner for... I am assuming that you want a new file from 1 July - but you have end of day files from the 1st and 2nd you want to put into the new file?  when I said you need to move the files somewhere else, I meant you need to do this via Windows Explorer - find the end of day files and move them to another folder... then move them back again after changing the datafile you want to connect to via POS Administrator...
  • Cass Munro
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for you patience Linda. Yes thats exactly what i want to do as the new company for this financial year was created yesterday . I will give it a try. Thanks again.
  • Cass Munro
    edited June 2020
    Sorry Linda. One more question.....do i transfer the transactions into the old company first and then transfer them to this years company .
  • Linda ABC
    edited July 2018
    If the purpose is that you are changing to a whole new datafile for this financial year - then I would only be posting end of day file to the old datafile up to 30th June... then the 2 end of day files for 1st & 2nd would be posted once you have changed to the new datafile.. once the transactions are posted into a file they wont be there for you to post into another file.
  • Cass Munro
    edited July 2018
    Ok. Thanks