Upgrade from 2017 to 2018 and new Tax Tables

Mike_9715430
Mike_9715430 Member Posts: 3
edited July 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi All,
I have been asked to do an upgrade from Reckon Accounts Premier - Professional Services Edition 2017 to include tax tables for the FY 2018-2019.

From what I have read, I need to upgrade to Reckon Accounts Premier 2018 before I can get the tax table updates. The software available via our portal login is Reckon Accounts Premier 2018 - 5 user version. Is there a Professional Services edition?

Also, I can see that the business' file server has Reckon Accounts Database Server Manager installed, but has no entries in the Reckon Accounts Files Found text box. When observing one of the users, I found that they simply go to a network share on the file server and open the Reckon Accounts files from there. So, are the users actually using the DB server installed on the file server or are they just picking up the files from a file share?

The reason I ask the question above is because it prompts my next question: Does the database server require an upgrade when upgrading the workstations from Reckon Account Premier 2017 to 2018?

I hope my questions aren't covered elsewhere - I have searched the forums and read the install guides.

Regards
Mike

Comments

• Mike_9715430
    edited July 2018
    One more question, as I will be upgrading to Accounts Premier 2018r2 and it is after the EOFY2018, Are there any EOFY procedures I need to get the accountatn to do  and is it better for these to be done before or after the upgrade to 2018r2?

Thanks
    Mike

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2018
    Welcome to the Reckon Community Mike,

Please make yourself familiar with our Installation and Upgrade Guide.
    Another useful guide is our article on improving company file performance.

The update process is quite straight forward:
    1. carry out maintenance on the file - Rebuild and follow up on any errors found.  Verify to confirm no errors remain
    2. Make a fresh backup
    3. On the Server, install with the option Install Reckon Accounts Company File Server Only
    4. Run the Database Sever Manager to identify your company files
    5. Upgrade the first PC to RAB 2018 with the option Install Reckon Accounts Only
    6. Open the Company File and activate
    7. Switch the company file to Multi-User Mode.  confirm that the file opens and closes without any errors.
    8. Upgrade the 2nd PC to RAB 2018 with the option Install Reckon Accounts Only
    9. Open the company file and confirm multi-user access is working properly.  Activate this installation.
    10. Upgrade on other PCs
    11. go to the members area and download the Tax Table Update 2018 - a guide is available here.
    12. Apply the update to each PC.
    Your PCs will be updated to RAB 2018 and have the Tax Tables updated for the Financial year 2018-19 and be STP compliant.  

Your users will need to setup their IDs on GovConnect to report their pays to the ATO under the new STP arrangements.  See the guide here.  

regards,
    John
  • Mike_9715430
    edited July 2018
    Hi John,
    Thanks heaps for your reply. I will follow your recommendations tonight and let you know how smoothly (or not) the upgrade went. From past experience, the upgrade is quite smooth, but requires a bit of time to complete due to the db integrity checks that are needed.

Thanks again
    Regards
    Mike

• Daniel F
    Daniel F Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2018
    How did you go Mike?