STP Sharing

tjoseph
tjoseph Member Posts: 29
Hi, How do i share the Gov Connect STP file with a colleague who also does payroll?

thanks,
Tam 

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2020
    Hi Tam,

You can have more than one person access a single GovConnect STP account however you need to have two separate MFA verified logins. 

Sharing functionality is coming very soon.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• tjoseph
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Rav - so when you say 'you can access' is that now or when the shared functionality is available? Trying to determine whether the access to the single Gov connect by multiple people is separate to the shared functionality? If the the only way to share access to  GovConnect is through the sharing functionality are you able to indicate how soon this will be available?

• Simon Hutchinson_8164484
    Simon Hutchinson_8164484 Alumni Posts: 135
    edited July 2018
    Hi Tam,

We will be looking to release this functionality within the next few days.
  • Graham Harradine
    Graham Harradine Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2018
    How far away is the share functionality please?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hi Graham,
    Its not far off, we're looking at early next week provided that everything goes well in testing.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Helen Stewart
    Helen Stewart Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2018
    Is the share functionality available yet, I thought it was going to be available yesterday Monday 9th
  • tjoseph
    edited February 2019
    Hi @Rav

Just wondering if you could provide instructions on how to share a profile with a Colleague? are there instructions somewhere that you could refer me to?

I am going on leave soon and need to have another colleague set up asap. 

thanks, 
    Tam

• Rav
    edited May 2020
    Hi tjoseph,
    Yes definitely! Check out our step by step instructions here -
    HOW TO SHARE YOUR RECKON GOVCONNECT STP SERVICE WITH OTHER USERS

• Elizabeth Moyle
    Elizabeth Moyle Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2020
    Hi Rav
    Got excited when I saw this link as I am trying to resolve this issue. However, link opens a page with no information loaded. 
    I can't believe that MFA can only be on one phone or one computer. If I got hit by a bus no-one can do STP upload. I have gone as far as to add my colleague to staff list on portal, with both of us having administrator access. Do I, instead have to set up authenticator on ONE computer that we both need to be able to access? What is the procedure after that to allow her to do the upload. Thanks in advance.
  • Rav
    edited May 2020
    Hi Elizabeth,
    Sorry about that, I've updated the link to the help article in the post above so it should work for you now.
    In regard to MFA, yes that is the entire point of Multi-Factor Authentication that its tied to the individual at a user level. MFA is a requirement for Single Touch Payroll as mandated by the ATO.
    For you and your colleague, I'd recommend that she setup her own Reckon Portal account and you share the STP entity with him/her. Your colleague will need their own MFA and the easiest option I'd recommend is SMS.