Sue Jones
Sue Jones Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted

How can I override PAYG Payment Summaries figures

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Why would you want to do that Sue as they are a reflection of what you have processed through the year?  If there was an ability to do so, it would highly likely affect your Profit & Loss.
    John L G
  • Sue Jones
    edited July 2018
    The week by week month by month and year by year totals are all correct the only thing that is incorrect is a payment summaries
  • Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Generally that would be highly unlikely however if you do Salary Sacrifice then it be out depending on how you've set up SS. Also if you put Travel or additions through payroll that are not actually a payroll item
  • Sue Jones
    edited July 2018
    Ok so that's right Quickbooks is never wrong I think I know what I'm talking about I've been on there for 27 years and every year I have issues with things so how can an employee have $17 off salary sacrificing when they don't salary sacrifice and never have and yet they have a super amount of $1,500
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    So where is the variation, Sue.?  In the Gross,, Allowances or Reportable Employee Superannuation Contribution?   If it is the latter, go to the following Knowledgebase site, this will provide you with the action that you need to correct the error - it is relatively straight forward - try Option 2.  This problem probably tends to rear its head at the end of the year for an odd employee. I have had to correct it on more than one occasion in the past.  At least you know which pay the problem has occurred in.
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=3621
    John L G

• Sue Jones
    edited July 2018
    3 with RESC now only 1 does Salary Sac & the other 2 never have but have $ 17 under RESC The other 2 I have the Gross is way off 1 is $ 1440.00 over & the other is over $ 3420.00 over Now 3 of these employees have been with us for over 2 years and nothing has changed since last year
  • Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Sue, Reckon/QBW is essentially just a big glorified database, if you get the input wrong then the output is crap. Effectively crap in crap out.

Now I have been at Reckon/QBW for longer than you, I have accountants and auditors call me on how to do things in both. It all depends on how you have allocated payroll items. It seems that even after 27 years that you have the same issues which suggests that you don't know it as well as you should. When I have had a problem it's always been my fault.

You need to listen to John on this, we are both here to help you, not to be abused.

If you want help you can call me on 0266834083 and I will try and help still.

• Sue Jones
    edited July 2018
    Well why then was everything correct last year & nothing has changed this year Same employee with the same pay items?
  • Sue Jones
    edited July 2018
    Well why then was everything correct last year & nothing has changed this year Same employee with the same pay items?
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Sue, I have pointed you towards the fix for RESC, whilst Charles has given some clues on potential areas to look at.  Have you created a Payroll Summary each of the affected employees to see if anything stands out?  Even a search for each error amount might give you a clue.  Does your reconciliation between Payroll and your General Ledger highlight anything?
    Has an SGC item been inadvertently set up with tax tracking of Gross Payments?  I have seen that happen on more than one occasion.
    John L G
  • Sue Jones
    edited July 2018
    But nothing has changed since last year. So why different this year if everything is the same as last year? Haven't changed any of the payroll items etc
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Those are questions that we cannot answer - all we can do is to point you to possibilities.  Then there is something else called corruption.  Worse still is a YTD payroll adjustment made by somebody which certainly will throw things out and that will definitely cause discrepancies.
    John L G