STP file upload error

Linda_9714297
Linda_9714297 Member Posts: 5
edited September 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

The following error message appears when I try to upload my STP file: 

instance.EmployeeData[30].Detail.Email is not any of [subschema 0],[subschema 1]. 

What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Comments

• Freya
    Freya Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2018
    I have the same problem - except  "EmployeeData[19]"
  • Jenny M
    Jenny M Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2018
    I have the same problem - except Employee Data 13 and phone number  is not any of [subschema 0],[subschema 1] ...so frustrating!
  • Jenny M
    edited July 2018
    I think it means there is a problem with Employee Number 13 for example.  I have checked and all is fine with the details in the fields, even tried deleting the phone number altogether...however still not working and getting same errors!
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2018
    Hello All,

Yes, such errors point to the full details required for the submission have not been provided.  go back to the source of the information in your programme and complete the required fields.  

Sometimes the correct format is important.  Check out this article for some items where exact matching and formats are important.  

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • Jenny M
    edited July 2018
    Thanks John.  Stepped number 5 of your acticle sorted this issue for me.
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019
    If you all haven't fixed these issues check the employee listed 13th but also check the previous and the next employee.  As per the article John has linked above, phone numbers can't have alpha characters only numeric.  Would be interested to know what's causing the email issue though.  Maybe an extra .com or something?
    Reagrds, Robyn K
  • Freya
    Freya Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Robyn
    My error said employee 19 - but there was an extra space in the email address for the employee at line 20.
    Uploaded - success
  • Nici Peck_9716470
    Nici Peck_9716470 Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2018
    I have the same issue - did have 2 employees but one corrected with the spaces issues on the phone numver - however after doing the same for employee 30 still no upload! What is even stranger is that all the other employees being added have spaces in the phone numbers with no issue  instance.EmployeeData[30].Detail.PhoneNumber is not any of [subschema 0],[subschema 1 - 
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hi Nici,
    Can you please check the next employee in the list ie. the 31st employee in the list.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• lavinia
    lavinia Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    I have changed to email, still having error
  • Linda_9714297
    Linda_9714297 Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2018

I have fixed my error.  There was nothing wrong with employee 30 (or 29 & 31).  I did have 2 email addresses in for an employee.  Removed 1 email address and has now worked.

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Linda,

Other users have been reporting the same result.
    STP cannot tolerate two addresses in the email field.  This is the email that the ATO will use to inform the employee of his reported earnings, etc (payment summary details).  

thanks and regards,
    John.
  • Nici Peck_9719839
    Nici Peck_9719839 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2018
    So I re did all the employees emails & phone numbers now get image
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Nici Peck_9719839
    Nici Peck_9719839 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2018
    I have gone through all the company ID all seems good , is this my STP tile? Not much info on that, where can I amend this infoimage
  • Sylvia Daniels_9722130
    Sylvia Daniels_9722130 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2018
    instance.EmployeeData[39].Detail.Email is not any of [subschema 0],[subschema 1]
    I keep getting this message and have gone through and checked all the email address and phone numbers and there is nothing wrong.

• Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi Sylvia

That error message means that the email address field requires attention. In particular check the 40th employee in the STP list and review if there are any leading or trailing spaces before or after the email address, if there are, remove them. Also check if any of the employees have multiple email addresses listed.

• Maree Creedon
    Maree Creedon Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Linda.  Exactly what was wrong with mine. Nothing to do with employee number 3.
  • julesm
    julesm Member Posts: 4

I Found this error instance.EmployeeData[30].Detail.PhoneNumber is not any of [subschema 0],[subschema 1 -  is due to a invalid character (non numerical) in the Phone field for the employee after # 30 i.e not employee # 31 but the 31st employee listed on the exported file - Hope that makes sense