“Invalid Company Information error” in GovConnect STP when submitting pay events from Payroll Premie

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited July 2020 in Payroll Premier
Why do I get a 'Invalid Company Information' error when lodging pay events in Reckon GovConnect STP from Payroll ?

The Legal Name in your Payroll Premier file must match the company name in GovConnect STP with its CASE SENSITIVITY – the case sensitivity may be different to the appearance of your company name on the ABN lookup lookup tool https://abr.business.gov.au/

See our KB article for more info -
“Invalid Company Information error” in GovConnect STP when submitting pays from Payroll Premier

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Marg_9715461
    Marg_9715461 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2019
    Thank you I had finally solved the error.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Glad to hear that you've got solved Marg

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jenny_9715563
    Jenny_9715563 Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2018
    I have Reckon Accounts Premier and the same thing is happening to me. However, our Legal name is very long and won't fit in the Company details in Reckon. What should I do??
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi Jenny,
    In your case what you'll need to do is, firstly make sure the legal name in Reckon Accounts Premier matches the format in GovConnect STP ie. case sensitivity.

Once you have done that, then copy the name from Reckon Accounts Premier (as many characters as are fitting in that field) and copy it. Go into the Company & Advisers section in GovConnect STP and click the Edit symbol (the pencil icon) and paste the company name into there. The end result is, the company name MUST match across both.

There's more info on accepted formats etc for Reckon Accounts Business range here - “Invalid Company Information error” in Govconnect STP when submitting pay events from Reckon Accounts Business & Hosted

• Kylie_9377946
    Kylie_9377946 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Ill just say that our company doesn't have a branch number. I go in set it to 000 as advised in the webinar. I export the file. Then when i go back into company preferences its changed back to what it was before again which was 001 and next time i export i didnt realize it defaulted back and it says the company data doesn't match again so i have go in and change it to 000 each time i want to export the STP file.
  • Mark_9171963
    Mark_9171963 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I'm having the same problem!  After changing the branch number to 000 and successfully uploading the STP file on Reckon GovConnect, Payroll Premier defaults back to Branch No. 001 on next opening.

Is there any way to change the Branch No. on Reckon GovConnect to 001 so it matches Payroll Premier's default branch number?
  • Kylie_9377946
    edited July 2018
    Yeah that would be good but i doubt it....will have to wait till they fix the problem i imagine
  • Mark_9171963
    edited July 2018
    I've sort of resolved the issue.  I went into Reckon GovConnect and created a new company profile (tile) but used a branch number of 001.  Everything works fine but problem is now I have two of the same company tiles on Reckon GovConnect.
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi Mark & Kylie,
    I just spoke to our STP dev about this and we're looking at correcting this with an update next week. Sorry guys, I know its a bit of a hassle right now. 

• Mark_9171963
    edited July 2018
    Great work Rav, thanks.  When the problem is resolved, do you have any idea how I can remove the extra company tile I won't need from Reckon GovConnect?
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Good question.. let me find out!

• Michael Jones
    Michael Jones Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2018
    I think there is an issue with the following steps:

- Go to preferences and change Branch from "001" to "000"
    - Run through the "Process Your Payroll" steps
    - When prompted that you need run in "Date Paid" mode select "YES"
    - Export the STP file

- When you try to lodge the STP file to the portal get an error saying "Company Info incorrect" etc

- Go back into Payroll Premier and find the Branch has been changed back to "001"

Can we please have you guys test if during the "Process Your Payroll" steps the software is changing the branch back from "000" to "001". Think the software is changing the branch back to "001" when the user is prompted to run in "Date Paid" mode during the "Process Your Payroll" steps.

Thank you.

• Kylie_9377946
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Rav will wait for the update...Michael read previous comments...its a program error they are looking into it
  • Barbara Wiperi
    Barbara Wiperi Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2018
    I have our registered trading name in the Company name and the partnership in the Legal name, either way the partnership name as per the ABR site has more letters the Reckon Company name will allow. Is there away around this please
  • Rav
    edited July 2018

• Barbara Wiperi
    Barbara Wiperi Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2018
    I have our registered trading name in the Company name and the partnership in the Legal name, either way the partnership name as per the ABR site has more letters the Reckon Company name will allow. Is there away around this please
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Barbara,
    I've replied to you immediately above, please check out the KB article from the link in my reply post.

• Caroline_7309439
    Caroline_7309439 Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2018
    I completed this by making these changes last week and the STP file was lodged quite smoothly. My concern is now all our payslips etc have only our Trust name on them as this is the name registered with the ABN and no where does it state our trading name at all, this trust name as like many others have absolutely nothing to do with the business and is something that the employees would not be aware of. Is there an area that I can place our trading name on our payslips etc so that the employees know who is paying them without it effecting the STP uploads?
  • Mark_9171963
    edited July 2018
    I am in the same situation.  I just use the trading name in the Company Name tab on Payroll Premier but use the Trust ABN in the numbers tab.  That way the company name remains the same on the payslips.  I then edited the Company name in the Reckon Portal under "Company & Advisor Info" and changed it to our trading name.  So the portal now matches the Payroll Premier information.  So far so good but will advise if any problems arise.
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi guys,
    While I'm not expert in this area what I'd suggest taking a look into is adding the trading name in the payslip through Reports > Payslip tab > Find the payslip you use and open it > Edit Report > Right click your Trust Name if it appears there and you will be asked what data you want in that field instead > Select Trading Name > Save > Save & Close.

• Mark_9171963
    edited August 2018
    HI Rav, thanks, that is quite a neat solution.

Unfortunately, we prefer to email our payslips and we have no ability to edit the predefined email payslip form that is the default in Payroll Premier.  We have been asking for this for a long time but are stuck with the default format that comes with the program. 
  • Rav
    edited July 2018

• Michael Jones
    Michael Jones Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2019

HI Rav,

Has a fix been installed to fix this bug yet. You said maybe a fix would be installed this week?

Thanks.

• Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hey Michael,
    Definitely still in the works, the team are working through a few things that have cropped up during testing. I'll have info up on the Reckon Community as soon as its ready.

• Kylie_9377946
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav
    I can't seem to be able to email 1 indiviual payslip...can only send the full group. Is this going to be in the update fix as well?
    Thanks
  • Stuart Mason
    Stuart Mason Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2018
    I have followed the kb articles on this topic and still get this error when I try to upload my file; I have checked multiple times to check that the required information matches, and it does, yet it still comes up with the error.  Is there something else that could be the problem??
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi all,
    The mismatch issue relating to the branch number in Payroll Premier & GovConnect STP has been resolved with an update to GovConnect STP earlier this afternoon.

You will no longer need to manually change the branch number in Payroll Premier for an STP submission.

• Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi everyone,
    If you have some time, I'd recommend attending our Payroll Premier webinar coming up shortly. It will cover the common questions and/or errors that have come up over the last couple of weeks and you'll also have the ability to ask questions. If you haven't registered already, you can do so by following the link below -

GovConnect STP for Payroll Premier WEBINAR (19 July)

• Mark_9171963
    edited July 2018
    Just tried uploading the STP file (with Payrol Premier default branch number 001) into the GovConnect tile that has no branch number and got rejected.  Then uploaded to the other tile I've created with branch number 001 and got success.  So the problem hasn't been quite resolved it seems.  
This discussion has been closed.