Please contact the tax office

Tony West
Tony West Member Posts: 26
edited August 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
STP issues. I have an error telling me to contact the ATO. 
ATO no help still waiting five days later.
The fact we have not been able to set up and/or try STP prior to the eofy has not helped.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hi Tony,

Check out this post in relation to the 'Please contact the tax office' message -

"Please contact the tax office" - Single Touch Payroll

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Tony West
    edited July 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Software ID. Been there done that trust me I'm at the end of my tether with this.
    Watched the webinar and of cause there were no error messages.
    Registered the software etc etc.
    Followed all the prompts.
    Spent hours on the community help.
    We have a business to run, some like myself are open seven days a week.
    We don't have spare time to sit on hold or scroll through community help pages
    We will all have our own different individual issues, no doubt it will be something we have set up incorrectly but we just want help.
    Most of us are Mum & Dad small business people we are not computer techs.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: "Please contact the tax office" - Single Touch Payroll.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hi Tony,
    The only reason the 'Please contact the tax office' message appears is because the Software ID from your GovConnect STP has not been registered with the ATO.

There is no other reason for that message to appear in GovConnect STP.

If you think this is already done, can you advise how you did it? Did you call the ATO or did you go it through the ATO Access Manager?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2018
    Tony.  I'm not clear on what your remaining problem is.  Just reading above,  Rav is thinking you haven't registered the Software ID with the ATO.     Your comment seems to be that you can't get onto the ATO.   Just in case you lack knowing the ID,  or have been ringing the wrong ATO phone number,  here's the steps inside the GovConnect screen as I know them, if that helps.

Gary
  • Tony West
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav.
    I followed your earlier post and registered via ATO access manager.
    Please see below this is a copy from that site showing the registration as active.
    I have since tried to up load and submit the payroll file two more times with the same result 
    "please contact the ato"
    Tony

My hosted SBR software services

My hosted SBR software services notified for transactions with the ATOABN 
    Software service providerNotification status14 003 348 730RECKON LIMITEDActiveDisplaying 1 to 1 of 1 records found

• Tony West
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Gary for the reply.
    That is exactly what I did and the registration was confirmed.
    I have since gone back just to check my entry and it shows reckon as the registered software provider and that my software ID as active. 
    I have also uploaded and lodged the payroll twice since doing the registration and I am still receiving the same message. "Please call the ato"
    Cheers Tony
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi Tony,
    Let me clarify, the software ID that you registered for STP services, did you obtain it through the area that Gary highlighted in his post? 

Can I confirm, are you using Reckon Accounts Hosted or a desktop edition of Reckon Accounts Business?

• Tony West
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav.
    Firstly thank you for the help.
    It has been very frustrating trying to work through this with such a short time frame.
    Regarding the ID: I followed your link to ATO access manager, used the abn supplied by Reckon filled in the software ID as indicated. ATO confirmed success.
    Regarding the program: I'm using "Reckon Accounts Premier" desktop I believe.
    What is "hosted"  
    Cheers Tony 

• Tony West
    edited July 2018
    I obtained the software ID from the reckon portal under my company and advisor window. Tony.
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Tony,
    To be honest, from what you've advised and the steps you've taken, you've done everything right to get this up & running. Hosted is cloud based Reckon product and it contains its own Software ID seperate to STP services, so just wanted to confirm but relevant in this case.

I've just spoken to our STP dev about your case and he's mentioned that the only reason for that message to appear on our end is due to the Software ID. The only other thing I could suggest is to actually contact the ATO and confirm that your ATO Access Manager is setup correct or if its actually accepted the Software ID (even though it says it has) and/or if there is any other reason that they want you to contact them.

• Tony West
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav.
    I may have worked out the issue:
    The first time I lodged the json file the software was not registered.
    (Didn't know we had to do that)
    From then on I was lodging a "replacement" file as I didn't want to lodge the same payroll twice.

What I believe has happened:
    Because the original file was not found by the ATO
    (Due to the software ID not being registered)
    My second and third attempts as "replacement files" had nothing to replace as the first file was never accepted by the ATO.

I have now sent a new file, not a replacement and have received the message
    "ATO Status Success" 
    I hope this is the end of it.
    Cheers Tony.