Invoice request for closed period

Jay Garland
Jay Garland Member Posts: 130
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
A company has been paying me weekly payments for my services (as a commission bonus they calculate). I've been processing payments as a GST deposit and have never issued an invoice as they never requested one as they were doing the payment calculations their end. I've now closed off FY2018 and paid the GST and they have sent a demand requesting I issue tax invoices for all payments they made to me last year. In replied that I've closed my books and can't issue tax invoices against payments received, processed and closed. What's the solution?

Comments

• Wilma
    Wilma Accredited Partner Posts: 46 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2018
    Hi Jay,  How did you enter the income into your books?  Hopefully with a Sales Receipt.
    If so you can give this to them for their Tax Invoice.
    Cheers
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Jay - they are within their rights to request a tax invoice within 28 days I believe?  and I expect if you are still working for them - then its in your best interests to provide the invoices - a Sales Receipt that has the template configured correctly as a Tax Invoice would be sufficient for each amount received.  :)
  • Jay Garland
    edited July 2018
    The invoices they have requested are for Dec to May. Jun invoices onwards I've been issuing as per their request. Because I used ONLINE BANKING > BANK DATA IMPORT all these payments have been recorded automatically by Reckon using a TRANSACTION RULE. That means they have all been entered as journal entries so they will not suffice as a tax invoice.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    I would then create Tax Invoices for the periods/dates they required - then print or email them - then mark them as Pending afterwards and note in the memo that they were entered as Journals and reference the journal entries... :)
  • Jay Garland
    edited July 2018
    If I do that, then how do I close off the invoices that are marked PENDING as they'll always show up in the REMINDERS window?