Reconciliation issue with group certificate.......

SR
SR Member Posts: 15
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hello,

My P & L, payroll totals, employee earnings, payroll liability balances and payroll summary reports all balance.

However when I come to generate the group certificates for two of my employees somehow the balance of their super contributions for the year has added to the gross payment so that the group certificate amount is out by what the super contribution amount was.

I must have something ticked incorrectly in their employee set up, but how do I change this?

I cannot generate the group certificates for the other staff until this is fixed.

Comments

• SR
    edited July 2020
    ANYONE HAVE ANY HELP SUGGESTIONS PLEASE?

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hi SR.  It sounds like you have payroll items for the SGC contributions for the two employees set-up incorrectly.  Go to the respective SGC payroll item/s and scroll through the set-up until you get to Tax Tracking.  It should be set to NONE.  I suspect that it has been set to ?Gross Payments.?  If this is what has happened, the upshot would be that tax has been calculated on the SGC and it has been added to Gross Payments.
    John L G
  • SR
    edited July 2020
    Hi John,

Thankyou very much for the assistance. I understand exactly what you mean however I cannot seem to find a way to edit the tax tracking.

Once you have set this up in hosted there seems to be no way to go back to amend the employee set up. If I delete what I have an re enter it all then that will affect what I already have in the system for the last financial year.

Are you aware of how I can do the edit?

Thanks SR.
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2018

Hi SR.  The tax tracking is in the ?Payroll Item?, not the employee record.  My understanding is that if you edit the Payroll Items, to ??None?, ?then this will probably fix up the problem that you have the SGC amounts incorrectly included in Gross Earnings.  What it will then mean is that the employees will have paid too much tax during the year, which they then should get back when they do their tax return.

This may be an issue that you have to discuss with Reckon, for clarification, but my feeling is that this will solve the problem and that in doing this edit, you might be asked whether you want to have the change be reflected back to the beginning date, to which you will probably need to say YES.

John L G

• SR
    edited July 2020
    THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU JOHN!

I did what you said and hey presto all is well in the world.

Learnt something new today,  wonderful!!!

Regards,

SR :)
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2018

Excellent - thanks for letting know.

John L G