Im Hosted when I run a P&L by rep there are no expenses. If I run a P&L on individual jobs there are

Wendy_8684012
Wendy_8684012 Member Posts: 37
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I cannot get an accurate P&L by rep. All I get is the income side of things. An individual P&L for the job is fine. P&L by class is fine (classes are not our reps). Job costing by REP also only shows income. Any one help me?  Have updated to 2018 and am using STP (although I can't see how that would affect anything)

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Wendy - this is because costs cannot be allocated to a Rep - only to an invoice - so you will only ever see revenue by Rep...    probably not what you want to hear - but in most cases a Sales Rep can really only influence sales and I would imagine that their commissions would be based on sales, not net returns?  Cheers Linda
  • Wendy_8684012
    edited June 2020
    No not want I wanted to hear. Our sales reps are project managers and so costs are equally as important. To have to prepare a P&L per job is horrendous. I even tried job costing summaries by rep. but obviously costs can't be allocated by rep under any circumstances. 
  • Linda ABC
    edited July 2018
    Wendy - are you using the Class features of Reckon?  perhaps you could setup Class tracking where your Classes are your Reps?  then you can allocate both revenue and expenditure to a class - and then you can run a P&L report by Class?   
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Wendy, how many sales rep you have ? And also since you are using Hosted do sales rep do invoice them selves .  Feel free to discuss on 0407068942 Chandra

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Wendy_8684012
    edited July 2018
    We are using classes but they are for building type (Commercial, domestic etc). We have reps working in each class, so it would have been great to be able to run the P&L per rep and not just their sales figures. Profit share is involved so not straight commissions. 

Will have to rethink on this one. 
  • Wendy_8684012
    edited July 2018
    Currently 5 but they don't do any invoicing themselves.

Looks like we can't do what we want with both classes and reps.  
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    ok, but there may be a possibility of creating a hard coded report tool  as again it depend on how critical is this for your business , as there is an additional  once off cost . 
    look at the opportunity cost ?

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Linda ABC
    edited July 2018
    ok - sounds to me like the profit sharing means the P&L by Rep is possibly more important than the breakdown of Commercial, Domestic etc? (how many of these Classes do you use?)... thoughts... build the Commercial, Domestic breakdowns into your chart of accounts... or if there are 5 Reps and say 2 or 3 building types - you could consider having each Building Type as a class and then creating sub classes for each Rep...you could then filter the P&L reports when you want just a particular Rep... or you run it normally and you will get the Total of each Building Type as well - this could be sent to Excel and the sub classes hidden if you just want a summary P&L by building type?  Just something to consider? Other alternative - if you dont see value in the P&L by Customer... is to create a Customer for each Rep...then add Jobs under this - you would just invoice the customer based on the job details but as the job is a sub account of a Customer (the Rep) you can then get the P&L summary you are looking for?  However this probably wouldnt work if you need to send out statements for say a commercial customer that runs lots of jobs at the same time...