TPAR - I would like to export a TPAR report to excel. Is that possible with Accounts Hosted

Sue Haddrell
Sue Haddrell Member Posts: 7
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
My accountant is asking for a the annual TPAR report in excel or pdf format.  I am using Reckon Accounts Hosted and I can't seem to find anywhere that will allow me to do this.  Does anyone know if this is possible????

Comments

• Chris_7257105
    Chris_7257105 Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2018

Hi Sue,

I can see why your Accountant would want the TPAR report in excel format as quite often the total of the subcontractors on the TPAR report ( which we have to add up manually) do not agree with the total of subcontractors shown in Reckon. The reasons for such could be that the subcontractor has not been selected to be included in the TPAR or payments are made to subcontractors for materials are incorrectly included in the TPAR.

• Chris_7257105
    edited July 2018

I would use excel to obtain the total on the TPAR which often contain in excess of 100 subcontractors. Without knowing the TPAR total I would not be able to reconcile the TPAR with the total of subcontractors showing in Reckon. Are you able to get the TPAR total without manually adding up the subcontractors?

• Tanya Briggs
    Tanya Briggs Accredited Partner Posts: 75 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2018
    When you generate the TPAR, after exporting a page appears on your screen with the TPAR on it.  There is a Print icon at the top of the report.  Use this to print to PDF for your accountant.  It doesn't have totals on it, but you don't mention that your accountant has requested totals.  
  • Sue Haddrell
    edited July 2018
    He does actually want the total, which is why he has asked if it can be in excel format.  Our TPAR report is well in excess of 100, probably close to 300.

• Sue Haddrell
    edited July 2018
    Accountant definitely knows what he is doing.  We haven't submitted before and he is helping me capture all that I have to capture.  An excel sheet would help me as well.
  • Sue Haddrell
    edited July 2018
    You may want to share how then

• Chris_7257105
    edited July 2018
    Hopefully Rav from Reckon can provide a simple solution to exporting the TPAR in excel format or how to produce a report in the current format with the totals in place.
  • Sue Haddrell
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Chris,
    Hopefully he can, or I have a lot of manual work to do.
    Sue
  • Chris_7257105
    edited July 2018
    Hi Sue,

An alternative is to export the Reckon ledger account for contractors in excel format and then sort by alphabetical order. Once done get a total for each contractors and compare this with the the total for each contractor shown on the TPAR.