Invalid Company Information provided.

Earl Pryor
Earl Pryor Member Posts: 2
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted

Invalid Company Information provided. Please check your ABN/WPN, Company Name and Branch number match those set in Reckon GovConnect Single Touch Payroll for your company.

This error came up and I have definitely logged in and connected to the ATO portal as required to.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi Earl,
    Check out the info in this KB article, in particular the legal name format (it must be written the same way as displayed in GovConnect STP & case sensitive) and branch number.

“Invalid Company Information error” in Govconnect STP when submitting pays from Reckon Accounts

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Elise Yung
    Elise Yung Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2018
    I have no address listed under my company name when I click on Company & Adviser Info, should this cause the same issue as I have tried every combination with Company Name and Address and nothing is working.

• Gary_7113279
    Gary_7113279 Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2020
    I have just wasted 2 hours... The business address is wrong, where they (RECKON) get this from Gawd only knows still getting the error for the company name etc.  Followed all the help files...
  • Kylie Charrington Ex Mills
    Kylie Charrington Ex Mills Member Posts: 35
    edited July 2018
    Hi Elise, Were you able to update your address at all please?  I'm having the issues and can't find a way to get the address updated/entered.   Can't send my payroll file through...  Thx!

edited July 2018
    Hi Gary,   Did you get it sorted mate?  I'm having the same issue but how the hell do I get the address updated!?!?   :)  Thanks!

• Gary_7113279
    edited July 2018
    No... still cant send a file.  The pull down address doesnt show our business at all
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    The address details are pulled from the accounting software ie. Reckon Accounts Business, Reckon Accounts Hosted, Payroll Premier etc.

Go into the Company Information section in your respective software and input your address details. The address will then update in GovConnect STP on the next upload.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

edited July 2018
    Bugger....  I'm on the phone to the ATO at the moment to see if they know anything to help. 
    edited July 2018
    I've done that Rav - and it's all perfect in my Reckon program.
    It doesn't carry over to the file. 
  • Gary_7113279
    edited July 2018
    Im the same, its been there for 5 years and hasn't changed, but the govt connect part still doesnt display it
    ?
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    It will carry over on the next new file ie. new upload you carry out.

It won't be an instant update but if you've done that, press Ctrl+F5 to hard refresh the browser.

• Gary_7113279
    edited February 2020
    worked this time  :) ..... do we receive a confirmation once submitted
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Go into the individual payrun itself and you'll see a ATO message at the top of the page which will show whether it's successful or requires further attention.

• Gary_7113279
    edited July 2018
    just states SUBMITTED.  I will check tomorrow and see what has occured
  • Gary_7113279
    edited July 2018
    ERRROR  

The following error messages have been returned from the ATO and need to be reviewed. You may need to make changed in your accounting product before submitting again.

Error message

• The requestId is valid, but the pull request is yet to be queued.

• Gary_7113279
    edited July 2018
    the address that RECKON has is not the correct one, still  Its out by one suburb

?
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Gary, check out this thread for info on what that message means - https://bit.ly/2Np3KYV

• Gary_7113279
    edited July 2018
    Rav, any idea on this error ?
  • Gary_7113279
    edited July 2018
    Thanks RAV, will check back tomorrow and see what has happened
    edited July 2018
    Hi everyone, for those who have got this upload to work... (like I think I might have just gotten it to!), once you have uploaded it I think the green strip at the top with 'Success' or similar, but is there now anywhere it is supposed to show up?  How do I know it actually worked please?  I would have thought it might show on the 'list' or something.  Thanks guys.  K

• Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi,

I am having same issue - company address is entered in Payroll Premier (has been for 10+ years) but it's blank in GOV Connect? Is this why i am getting the invalid company error? I have done the company name fix as suggested in previous support note.
    edited July 2018
    Make sure the Company name is EXACT in the 'legal name' box too, not just the company name field.  I think that's where I had my luck change.  It needed to match the gov connect EXACTLY including spaces, fullstops and capitals etc.  Once I did that, and then did a new stp file creation, and tried to upload then it updated my address on govconnect too. 
  • Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Kylie - do you mean in Payroll Premier - where it says 'Company Name' (doesnt say "legal name") - do you think i need to change the 'Trading Name' as well to match or can i leave that as the normal trading name?
    edited July 2018
    I use Accounts Premier 2018 - Company Information - The top box is Contact Information with Company name,  Then the second box is Legal Information 'Legal Name'.  image
    edited July 2018
    I would try the trading name too for what it's worth.    :)