Employee who has TWO contracts. One is permanent part-time year round. The other is CASUAL

Accounts Manager
Accounts Manager Member Posts: 10
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Payroll - I have an employee who has TWO contracts. One is permanent part-time year round. The other is CASUAL for three months. How do I record this in RECKON Hosted. 

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Just create a new casual pay item for the employee, within the same employee record, and only use it when you need to.  Just be aware though that at times, the number of hours that you include for that particular pay, may remain as memorised hours for the next pay.  That means that on the next pay run you will have to either edit the number of hours applicable, or delete the line completely within the pay cheque.

John L G

• Accounts Manager
    edited July 2018
    John, thanks for the reply I tried that but I don't think I got it right!  when you say create a new casual pay item for the employee......can you walk me through that element please?
  • Accounts Manager
    edited July 2018
    Oh also I don't want the casual rate to accrue leave............sick or holiday
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2018
    Ring me on 0428 695454
  • glendaveale
    glendaveale Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Wouldn’t it be easier to amend the permanent part time contract to add the additional hours for the three months.
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2018

Glenda.  It is a simple and straight forward exercise to simply add the casual hours to a pay run, when they occur, without the need to change contract details, particularly if the casual hours per week vary.

John L G 

• Andrea Grieve
    Andrea Grieve Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2019
    My employee has left full time but will be reengaged as a casual, how should I enter this?

• John Graetz
    edited February 2019
    Hi Andrea.  My answer is similar for you as it is above.  All you have to do is enter a Casual Pay Rate, the same as any other Casual Pay Rate (which does not accrue any leave entitlements) for this employee.  In other words you will delete the salary rate information and only have a casual pay rate..
    John L G