Empdue file - State field Other

Fern Dyball
Fern Dyball Member Posts: 8
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
How do I ensure that the state field for my employee shows as other on my Empdue file?  My employee lives and works overseas and she is a non-resident for tax purposes however when I upload my test file to the ATO is comes back with an error because the state field is not showing as other.  On the address details in Reckon the state field has "none" selected.

Comments

• Fern Dyball
    edited July 2018
    Interesting because that is what the test from the ATO stated it needed to be.

• Fern Dyball
    edited July 2018
    Hi Kevin..  I uploaded the empdue as a test to make sure it went through and the report came back with the following... As my employee is living and working from overseas, I am unsure how to correct it. 

Summary of Warnings:--------------------

Reason Code:  WM03                      Total warnings:  1
    The state or territory field must contain either: ACT, NSW, VIC, QLD, NT, SA, WA, TAS or OTH.

• Fern Dyball
    edited July 2018
    I think I will just send the file and deal with the questions.  I was trying to figure out whether the software had the ability to put other and whether it was getting the details from a field somewhere other than the employee address details.  

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2018
    Hello Fern,

Thanks for asking.

Firstly, I notice that the ATO is providing a "Warning" and not an "Error".  "Warning" is identifying bad or missing information that is not critical - will the ATO accept it anyway?  "Errors" must be fixed.

None of our products offer the OTH option for the state - overseas residents are submitted with a blank, and so you get the warning.

To include OTH you will have to change the field in the EmpDupe file itself - see the guide here

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John