STP error message "Request was incorrectly Formatted or was missing required items"

Amanda Gebauer
Amanda Gebauer Member Posts: 2
edited April 2020 in Reckon One
Hi, Can anyone advise me on my problem with STP please. When trying to send a payrun I completed yesterday to "send to Govconnect STP" I get the error message "Request was incorrectly Formatted or was missing required items"

Comments

• Andrew Grim Graham
    Andrew Grim Graham Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2018
    i have the same error any fixes?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited November 2018
    Hi guys,
    Are you both using Reckon One?

Are there any other errors during the process that you come across or just the "Request was incorrectly Formatted or was missing required items"?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Andrew Grim Graham
    edited July 2018
    im using reckon one, at thats the only error i am getting at the moment
  • Amanda Gebauer
    Amanda Gebauer Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2018
    I’m also using reckon one and it’s the only error message I am getting also. I rang support Wednesday and they were going to look into it further for me, however I haven’t heard back from them
  • Nina Halifax
    Nina Halifax Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    Have you heard from them yet Amanda. Reckon Support is not very supporting! Can't get through to them on their helpline!
  • Simon Hutchinson_8164484
    Simon Hutchinson_8164484 Alumni Posts: 135
    edited July 2018
    hi all, typically this can mean that the company details are not matching what is in our database for your company for STP

Please ensure you have signed up for govconnect. The most common problem after this is that the business name in govconnect is capitalised (eg TEST) but in the book details it is not

So if your company name is Test Pty Ltd in GovConnect it would be TEST PTY LTD and your legal name in the book details hsould be TEST PTY LTD. Also ensure that the branch number and ABN match as well

• Andrew Grim Graham
    edited October 2018
    i have all this matching and it still wont work
  • john orchard
    john orchard Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2018
    Im having the same problem. I have checked that everything matches.
  • SA & RJ Stevenson
    SA & RJ Stevenson Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2019
    Just wondering if anyone found a solution to this error? 
    I have recently added new employees to the Reckon File and since this I have been unable to send the file to Gov Connect. Prior to this I was successfully completing transfers.  Can anyone help please? 
  • Jian Li
    Jian Li Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2020
    I had the same problem and I called the support number and it turned out something wrong with the details of legal address. I put 'Vic' manually in the state option but I should use 'Victoria'. So check the book settings is important.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner

Hi all, a client had this error last week.. I worked out that 2 existing employees had the same employee number... it had been working fine until just recently, so no one could understand why it suddenly had this error, I eventuslly discovered the validation was fixed in a recent update that meant this was now tested properly.. after calling the ATO to discuss and being assured by them that they wouldn't end up with 2 myGov records, I changed one of the employee numbers and then the STP lodged fine...

I really think there needs to be a way to view the R1 STP files?